HVX200: Black & Blue or ALL Black? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 1st, 2006, 10:18 AM   #1

HVX200: Black & Blue or ALL Black?

I've seen pictures where it's black & blue and pictures where it's all black. But perhaps the photos I've seen where it looks all black is due to a lack of lighting.

I sold my XL2 yesterday along with all my XL2 gear and am buying the HVX200 (5th on the list at Zotz), but I'd just like to know what color it is? I hope it's all black because I think the blue looks TERRIBLE. Not terrible enough to make me not want it for my next camera, but a black & blue paint job certainly didn't make it to the "pro's" side of the list for deciding on the camera.

This is probably an easy answer for anyone who's got theirs already or knows for some other reason.

I'm hoping the answer is:
The pre-production models are black and blue. The final product shipping is all black.
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

The answer is that it's black, and always has been.

When you see a blue HVX body in a photograph, that means the still camera's flash fired. For some reason, the HVX body shows blue under a photo flash. Otherwise, to your eye and mine, it's black and beautiful.

See http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=30 for some samples of flash photos and no-flash photos of the HVX... sometimes of the same HVX... and you'll see how the flash makes it look blue instead of black.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:34 AM   #3

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Great news to start the new year! Thanks Chris. Your forum, it's members and all the information here helped me make my decision. Just as it has with a majority of my equipment/gear purchases.

Last edited by Guest; January 1st, 2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old January 1st, 2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Update your signature Derek. You got some NEW GEAR comin' to town! *smile*

- ShannonRawls.com
Old January 1st, 2006, 12:20 PM   #5

That's really funny that you mention that Shannon. I was thinking about that myself just a few minutes ago. Hey I enjoyed your story "For those that think looks don't matter...."

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders