More MXF files are posted at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:40 AM   #1
Trustee

More MXF files are posted

No gaurranty they work, but I posted raw MXF files from the video folder of P2 volume.

By renaming it, might not work, these files alone might not work. But anyone with right knowlodge please figure out and let PC users know how they cab be used.

The link is here.

You have to register first to even look at the directory.

If these have ways to use, then I will transfer the files to Chris.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Major Player

Thanks
I wonder how to get these into final cut.
"It's not import from P2"
This should mean that they are only 1 step removed from HVX, correct?
whereas the other .mov files are...?
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Trustee

John,

These are mainly for pepole with other platform than Apple. I will post these in QT .mov format later, but i ran out of my hard disk space in the server for now.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Kaku, if you need to clear some server space, I can continue to host some of your earlier clips, that way they are still available from our "archive" if you need to remove them from your end to make more room.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
John,

These are mainly for pepole with other platform than Apple. I will post these in QT .mov format later, but i ran out of my hard disk space in the server for now.

Kaku, Thanks, I am already seeing your great clips now !
John
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

can not find the clips on that linked page...

Hello Kaku,

Sorry but I already registered and I still can't find those clips.

In the Downloads page it says:

"
Downloads

Home » Kakugyo Media Study Files » Panasonic AG-HVX200 files
CategoriesFiles"

but there is no link below this. Can you tell me where the files are?

Thank you very much in advance,

- Nicholas
Nicholas Natteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
No gaurranty they work, but I posted raw MXF files from the video folder of P2 volume. But anyone with right knowlodge please figure out and let PC users know how they cab be used.
I was waiting for some SD raw P2 clips to test on my NLE, so thanks again Kaku!

Good news, I have a PC based VelocityHD system (now Harris, formerly Leitch, formerly DPS) and was able to directly drag the MXF files to the timeline and play with no rendering or file manipulation! Also able to do dissolves between the clips and uncompressed or compressed clips with the Velocity codec, and apply color correction real-time.

That's the good news. The bad news is that support is currently limited to DVCPRO 50 (SD) MXF files. Also the software isn't detecting 3:2 for removal from the clips, so application is limited to either 24fps edited as 60i with normal 3:2 or 30p or standard 60i... still, heartened that support works, and these are soon to be addressed bugs.

Regards,

Jim Arthurs
Jim Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 07:15 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Natteau
Hello Kaku,

Sorry but I already registered and I still can't find those clips.

In the Downloads page it says:

"
Downloads

Home » Kakugyo Media Study Files » Panasonic AG-HVX200 files
CategoriesFiles"
<snip>
Just FYI I ran into this problem too. In my case it was simply forgetting that the site sends you a confirmation email. If you don't click the link in the confirmation email the page shows up empty.
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:43 PM   #9
Regular Crew

still cannot find any files on Kaku's web site...sorry

Sorry guys,

Even though I registered, I see no page listing all the HVX200 files on Kaku's web site.

I was only able to see some of Kaku's HVX200 movie files on a page hosted by dvinfo.net but I wish I could see them on Kaku's web site.

Sorry, but I found no files there. Even after receiving the confirmation email.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks in advance,

- Nicholas
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:52 AM   #10
Trustee

Please make sure you are logged in with your user name and the password.

Then the MXF files including DVCPRO50 codec is over here.

I see many people have already downloaded many files in this category, so it must be working.

and thanks Phillip, that is one thing it is hard because our notification mail is translated to Japanese.
I will move my contents to English only site in the future, so it would be easier for everybody, but Japanese. But I don't care because very few Japanese people care what I do (besides my customers).
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:56 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Just to let folks know who run into parts of Kaku's site in Japanese. There's a BabelFish Widget and a Translation utility in Sherlock that does Japanese to English for the Mac.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:16 AM   #12
Regular Crew

still don't see the files...

Kaku,

I did exactly what you said, I logged with my username and password and then I get this:

"Home » Kakugyo Media Study Files » Panasonic AG-HVX200 files » MXF format raw files"

But the last part of that sentence "MXF format raw files" is not clickable, no link to another page displaying the files.

I don't know what to do. The problem is not the Japanese text because I am in the English section of your site, just that the files do not appear on that page and there is no link to another page from "MXF format raw files"

Thank you advance,

- Nicholas
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Natteau
Kaku,

I did exactly what you said, I logged with my username and password and then I get this:

"Home » Kakugyo Media Study Files » Panasonic AG-HVX200 files » MXF format raw files"

But the last part of that sentence "MXF format raw files" is not clickable, no link to another page displaying the files.

I don't know what to do. The problem is not the Japanese text because I am in the English section of your site, just that the files do not appear on that page and there is no link to another page from "MXF format raw files"

Thank you advance,

- Nicholas
If you got the confirmation email and clicked the link to return to the site and then logged in, perhaps there is a problem with your security or cookie settings? I know, unlikely, but when you're not sure you just start checking everything out.

One way to know that you are logged in is if there is a Logout button on the left side. I assume you're seeing that?

If you see the logout button but you can't access the files then perhaps try a different browser and re-register?
Philip Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders