Waiting for yours? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere
But are they also a reputable dealer?

You should check their ratings first. Don't know what the name of the site is, but you have one, I know ratings is in the name of the site, but don't know the exact adress.

Most of the times, when they beat the competition... something is fishy.

Spec Comm is a fully authorized high end camera dealer/repair facility....
http://www.spec-comm.com/hvx200.php

its not the usual infinityphoto or broadwayphoto... :)
Ram Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Okay :-) my bad then :-)
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:39 PM   #18
Go Go Godzilla

Here's some updated info on camera and P2 card availability:

I haven't heard from Jan yet nor do I see any response in the forum, however I have had more than one retailer give the same info:

This first production run of cameras was small and retailers were only allocated 2 to 5 units each from this first run. Panasonic will be closely watching forums such as this and getting direct feedback from retailers about any problems. If there are any problems that require firmware updates etc, those modifications will be made and then another, more robust production will begin. This process could take 3-6 weeks depending on what happens to the first units shipped.

Both 4GB and 8GB cards have also been shipped and some dealers are expecting them to be in stock this week.

Unlike the P2 cards, nobody has any clear date as to when to expect the first HVX bodies to arrive, although most are saying they expect to see them at the end of this week or beginning of next.

Of course, each retailer is handling pre-orders differently. For example, as I listed in my original post, I have a "kit" of the body plus (2) 8GB cards pre-ordered. I am the 5th person at my retailer to order that combination, however they have many orders for the other combos as well.

Does that mean I'd be one of the first people to get an HVX since I'm only 5th in-line for my combo? I'd highly doubt it and only the order-fulfillment gurus at B&H know what their plan is for who gets what first. I don't even want to guess, know what I mean? I'll get it when I get it, in the meantime I'll prep for using it as much as possible by testing clips from Kaku and others.

I'm suggesting that most of us who have pre-orders (that means you've already paid for it, you're not just wanting to be notified when it's in stock) probably won't be part of the first allocation. And that's OK with me to get one from the second run; after the fiasco I had with Focus and the HD Firestore failure I'm very happy to not be a beta tester for another manufacturer.

Having said all this, this is still just conjecture from third-party sources; it would be nice to get the "official" word from those who actually know what the Panasonic release plan is. Then we could all move onto more important subjects - like lying to Shannon about how crappy the quality really is. (Laughs - sorry Shannon, just had to dig you a bit).
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane
I'll get it when I get it
Yes! I'm with you on that. I've been having to repeat this in mantra style.

Quote:
Then we could all move onto more important subjects - like lying to Shannon about how crappy the quality really is. (Laughs - sorry Shannon, just had to dig you a bit).
I'm beginning to see the possible advantage of refraining from any more pro-HVX200 conversation to lessen the competition from A) getting this awesome camera; B) getting it sooner than I do. ;)
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM   #20
Go Go Godzilla

The "official" reply from Jan @ Panasonic:

"Hi,

The first run was small due to heavy QC, but will be normal in January
and growing thereafter. We should have more cameras mid-January and
more thereafter in January.

Hope that helps.

Jan"

The response is purposely vague on actual numbers, but unless something really bad happens to the first run I'd say it's a safe bet that most - if not all of us - who have a pre-paid order will be getting a body this month.

OK, so let's move on to more Shannon digs, shall we? I'm bored already. (kidding)
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:07 PM   #21
Barry Wan Kenobi

They are arriving; I know that a friend of mine's is sitting at the dealer now and being shipped to him tomorrow.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #22
Regular Crew

When are you getting your final production model? Since you are writing THE definitive HVX book - is it not necessary to work on the final model than old version 4?
Ram Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #23
Barry Wan Kenobi

It is definitely necessary, and it's coming but I don't know exactly when. Soon hopefully! :)
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #24
Go Go Godzilla

Arrival update

Just got the word from B&H this morning; my "kit", the body plus (2) P2 cards won't be in until February. ugh. From what I'm seeing others are being told the same.

Rats. Nuts, and as Starbuck always said, "Frack!"
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Just got the word from B&H this morning; my "kit", the body plus (2) P2 cards won't be in until February. ugh.
Do you believe that that timeframe is specific to the (2) P2 cards, which I believe you indicated were 8 Gb entries, or just what the latest production run was?

Anybody got a production camera other than with 8 Gbs cards?

Last edited by David Saraceno; January 9th, 2006 at 04:40 PM.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Just got the word from B&H this morning; my "kit", the body plus (2) P2 cards won't be in until February.
Painful. Simply Painful. :P :|
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM   #27
Go Go Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Saraceno
Do you believe that that timeframe is specific to the (2) P2 cards, which I believe you indicated were 8 Gb entries, or just what the latest production run was?

Anybody got a production camera other than with 8 Gbs cards?
I thought about that option and tried asking for just the body alone - no P2 cards. Got the same answer - mid Feb.
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM   #28

Anyone have recent news from the place you are trying to buy your HVX from? Brian at Zotz just does not know, and he's a knowledgeable guy, so this is quite surprising!

I have to admit, I recently thought about switching over to a JVC HD100 for a few hours, as I could get one TODAY, and I could have 2 of them for the same price as one HVX with 2 8GB P2 cards. But decided not to, as for me the HVX holds way too many advantages and is worth the wait.

Last edited by Guest; January 19th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #29
Go Go Godzilla

My retailer was originally promised another shipment to be made on the 16th of this month. They just got word today that Panasonic missed that shipment deadline, and there is no update as to when more is coming.

Jan from Panasonic had mentioned at one time she expected another 2 shipments of bodies this month, so I'm wondering if that's changed. (?)
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #30
Trustee

Same here. No news at all. Supposed to be mid-january for a shipment but it got delayed too.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders