Mine will be available in February at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 5th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mine will be available in February

My broadcast retailer just called me today to say that the headquarters in Miami told him that Panasonic had a production delay and that the cameras will arrive to Miami in February, so it will take a couple of days more to get down here to Panama.

I wonder if that's the case for all other distributors in the US? Any news on this?

-EDWIN
Edwin Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #2
Major Player

I was looking at the Canon at Samy's in LA and the sales man told me that the HVX were delayed also... but I took that coming from a salesman wanting me to buy a camera that was in stock... who knows maybe the guy was right...
Gary McClurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Major Player

I wonder what is causing this "production delay" The HVX200 looks like a nice camera, but I really think Panasonic has done a bad job of getting this camera out.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hello!

Hello Edwin,
I just got the same news when i called them this morning, that the HVX production has been delayed and that my camera would be delayed until February.
It's sad as I was hoping to be tinkering with it by next week.
Saludos,
Jimi
Jimi Colteryahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah, kind of dissapointing becaus I asked for a loan in a bank to pay for it, and now I'm gonna have to pay the first month and no camera in my hands. But on the other hand, thanks God I still have my CLASSIC XL1 meanwhile, until Panasonic gets it right. I don't want to have a camera just to return it for a firmware, or because of manufacturing defects.

But hey, Panasonic, wake up, there are options out there! And I can't keep paying to the bank for no camera at all. I need to have one in my hands to start making extra money and justify the loan.

-EDWIN
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #6
Major Player

There is a delay for Canadians as well. My dealer was told yesterday that Panasonic Canada has not received any shipments and they are "hoping" to get them the second week of February. No exact date yet nor quantity. And note, that's Panasonic Canada getting shipments from Japan -- there would be a further delay for shipments to reach the dealers.
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Major Player

are the dealers giving a reason for the delay?
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
are the dealers giving a reason for the delay?
They told me that it is in Japan. That they are just shipping demo versions to major dealers, but not the actual merchandise for sale.

Kaku... is it true that in Japan usually people takes off the last two weeks of the year? Doesn't sound true but you can tell us.

Is there anyway you can check for us the reason for the delay in America?

-EDWIN
Old January 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #9
Major Player

They said they would start shipping in December. Not just demos and only to major dealers. Or sorry we didn't know all the japanese take two weeks off. If I was on a list and was put off another month I might go with the Canon.

I think Panasonic has done a really bad job.

In the new issue of Studio monthly, Jim Feeley talked about the way Panasonic has marketed the HVX200, his words, " one marketing effort for the camera was astoundingly uncool".

I guess they had some marketing group act like a blog somewhere with a guy who went to a film school and he slammed HDV, etc. There wasn't a guy like that. It was made up.

I still think they rushed this camera out, using a block of wood and they had to start making it. Problems? Maybe. If I was buying right now and borrowed the money already on Panasonics promise. I would take my cash elsewhere.

They could at least tell people something. Not just they are still in Japan
Old January 5th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
I think Panasonic has done a really bad job.

In the new issue of Studio monthly, Jim Feeley talked about the way Panasonic has marketed the HVX200, his words, " one marketing effort for the camera was astoundingly uncool".
Yea, the marketing is uncool in allot of ways.

I think the delay is Pansonic is updating the firmware of each camera. Better late the crappy. This way, we'll get a good product when it's released.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Rawls
I think the delay is Pansonic is updating the firmware of each camera. Better late the crappy. This way, we'll get a good product when it's released.

- ShannonRawls.com
Jan just stated over DVXUSER that this information is not true.
It came from an ebay reseller.
http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showpost.p...06&postcount=5

Steve
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #12
Obstreperous Rex

You guys who are worked up about this delay seem to be forgetting that JVC went through the same thing with the HD100 last summer. After the HVX has been shipping for awhile, we're all gonna look back and see how ridiculous some of this complaining is.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #13
Major Player

Two years from now the camera may be great and we may enjoy it (or not) but time won't change how poorly Panasonic has conducted its self over the last year--and those of us who were messed up by all this mess won't consider our complaints "ridiculous" or any other vaguely insulting term. I appreciate not wanting to go overboard in criticisizing a new camera but we are here on this board for feedback and to register what we find good and bad and we arent' doing Panasonic any favors by biting our tongues and buying another product.
Betsy Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders