Recording Back to P2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 16th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #1
New Boot

Recording Back to P2

Hi ,

I don't know if this has been covered before, but does anyone know if you can record back from an FCP sequence to a P2 card using firewire and the DVCPRO HD and DVCPRO50 codecs? I can see this being useful since I edit in a Powerbook and don't have any component outputs. I usually do :30 and :60 second spots so length is not an issue. I would greatly benefit if I could output the finished spots from the camera's component output to Betacam SP without the DV compression form my JVC Deck. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joe
Joe Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

I know that it has firewire input, as I hooked two of them together back at DV Expo. But I would have to test if it can actually record the incoming firewire signal when in P2 mode. I cannot fathom why it wouldn't; I mean, what's the point of allowing input if it doesn't allow recording? So I'm certain it does.

Last edited by Barry Green; January 17th, 2006 at 04:01 AM.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

Tested, and yes you can do this. You can stream high-def (and presumably DV50) from the computer to the firewire and record that stream onto the P2 card in the camera. Tested on a PC/Avid system; it's inconceivable that the Apple wouldn't work, I'm certain it does.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #4
New Boot

Great news, all I need is the camera. Thanks Barry.
Joe Hernandez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders