P2 Store: Anything to be aware of? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1
Major Player

P2 Store: Anything to be aware of?

Hey guys--I'm looking at using the P2 Store for the first time on a shoot. Anything I need to be aware of or be careful of? I've been informed that when you connect the Store to your computer, it needs to be in the correct mode, Mac or PC. There is supposedly nothing in the manual about this, but that, in order to switch from PC to Mac mode you need to hold down three buttons (Batt, HDD, and Cancel) for 5 seconds and the camera will switch to Mac mode. There is a light on the Store that supposedly switches from Green to Orange when this is executed.

Has anyone else heard of this. Anything else to be aware of? Thanks as always,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Major Player

You hit the nail on the head.

When you connect the P2 Store to a PC, it mounts. To get it to mount on a Mac you need to hold down the three buttons you mentioned. And believe it or not, that is NOT in the manual. Why not? That has many Panasonic reps scratching their heads.

Great device...simple to use. Perfect for harried location shoots.
Shane Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Shane!

Peter

PS Anyone have any guidelines on rental rates? I'm being quoted 75/day right now.
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders