Trouble mouting P2 store onto Powerbook at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 24th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Trouble mouting P2 store onto Powerbook

Hey guys--I'm trying to connect the P2 Store to my Powerbook via USB and am having problems. I successfully changed the mode of the P2 store from PC to Mac, as indicated by the USB light changing from green to blue. However, my Powerbook says that a disk that OSX does not recognize has been mounted. It then gives me the option to either eject the disk, or ignore it. I tried mounting on a friend's Powerbook, to no avail.

Anyone have any tips as to how to get this to work? Also, when I attempt to copy the contents of an 8gb card to the P2 Store, I get error code E3 (solid amber lights). The cards are not write-protected, and the drive is empty. Any suggestions? Thanks as always,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #2
Major Player

OK, updating the software fixed the P2 store not recognizing 8GB cards. Now to attempt mounting onto Powerbook...

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Try this...

If there is no media on the P2 store, it will not mount. Try it with some media loaded onto it.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:48 AM   #4
Panasonic Broadcast

Hi Dan,

The P2 Store will mount and you are right it needs to have footage on it, but you need to have the P2 store set in the right mode. There are instructions for this on the P2 Store's webpage. Glad we got Peter figured out the needed upgrade.

Best,

Jan

Last edited by Jan Crittenden Livingston; February 25th, 2006 at 06:30 AM.
Jan Crittenden Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the heads-up guys. I will try that tonight. It may also be that I'm running OS 10.3.4 on my Mac. I tried it on a friends, who has Tiger, and it mounted fine. SO it could be, dare I say it, user error. Thanks again for the tips. Best,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders