P2 Portable Utility Bag at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 25th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Tourist

P2 Portable Utility Bag

Hey Guys,

I ordered the P2 Store and like the rest of you was frustrated to find that this "Portable" Device was not very portable itself to be carried on the belt or as a bag. I was excited about the possibility of going run and gun with this close to my person to dump my one of two 8 GB cards.

After searching around and not finding any solution available, I have decided to have a friend of mine who is a professional seamstress make one for me.

It's gonna be a canvas, form-fitting case with choice of attaching a shoulder strap or utilizing two loops on the underside to attach to a belt. It will have a zipper top to access door for swaping cards, a see-through window on top of unit to access battery meter and other functions. A velcro back panel to attach DC power or Panasonic Battery and a small closable velcro opening to access usb connector.

Like I said it will fit the form of the unit and be sleek enough to feel like a black canvas skin for the p2 store and will probably line it with yellow felt along the Vinten Proline look.

Is anyone interested in purchasing something like this and how much would you guys be willing to pay for a bag like this?

Also, what other functionality would you like to see built in? --I was thinking a felt-lined slot on bag to temp store a p2 card while waiting to swap into camera.

Let me know what you think?
daniel@pretopost.com

HVX Rental in Phoenix, AZ - 1 HVX, 5x4GB P2 Cards- $400 per day. With experienced operator $1000 per day. Send me an email if interested.
Daniel Gourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #2
New Boot

would love to buy one but don't even have the P2store.....love to have that too! have to wait for funds to flow a bit better.

but good luck with it. let us know how it works out. and happy gunning.
Tim Schultz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders