HVX200 & 35mm lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX200 & 35mm lens

First, excuse me if these are dumb questions (I come from the film world and have little experience with HD cameras)
1- Does anyone worked with the Mini35 adapter & HVX200 ?
2- Is there a good reason to rent prime VS standard lens ?
3- Can you use anamorphic 35mm lens (the ones you use with Panavision cameras shooting Super35) with the Mini 35 adapter ?
a little light on this will be greatly appreciated

many thanks
Eric Peltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

1. I did a camera checkout with the mini35 and the HVX200 last Tuesday and am working with it on Monday as an AC. Operations-wise the combo works much the same way that the mini35-DVX combination works. The adapter attaches to the camera in front of the built-in lens and you zoom and focus onto the adapter ground glass.
2. Not sure what you mean by standard lens. You'd want to use prime lenses if you're concerned about getting enough levels. There is significant light loss when using the mini35 adapter, somewhere around 1.5-2 stops. Add to that the smaller maximum aperture when you zoom in the built-in lens. One reason why you'd want primes vs. a zoom is because primes are faster. Zeiss Superspeeds are relatively common and inexpensive (as far as Cine lens go) open up to t1.3 whereas a zoom with a reasonable range (let's say the Cooke 18-100mm) only opens up to t3.1.
3. Anamorphic lenses. I've never heard of anyone doing this. Though I guess it's possible as long as they're PL mount lenses.
Chien Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

many thanks Chien.
that's really helpul.
I'm doing a test on wenesday, I'll keep you posted about anamorphic lenses.
thanks
e.
Eric Peltier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders