On Camera Monitor - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:55 AM   #31
Major Player

Yes it's a new product from Marshall, and saves buying a V mount battery setup.
For UK folks I got mine from here, first item. Came in three days.
http://www.ktechuk.com/ktb/ktbcgi/accframe.cgi

It runs off standard Sony camcorder batteries. The batteries are boosted to 12 volt from 7.2. The good thing about tis adaptor is that it uses the V Mount so there are no wires. Its quite light in weight so that's a pluss as well.
Costs $299 plus the sony batteries and charger, which can be picked up cheaply on ebay.

Highly recommended.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #32
Major Player

FYI, there's also a V-mount to Anton adapter plate available, for those of us who already have a bunch of Hytrons for other gear... not as lightweight as using a Sony battery, but it works quite well and is a bit cheaper.
Old May 5th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #33
Major Player

Scott,
I was looking for that V-Mount to A/B plate, but I couldn't find it on B&H. Do you have any links where to get it?
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Looking for batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Irwin
That's actually a product that Marshall makes and sells. I would assume you could get one through any Marshall dealer.
Matt,

I noticed that you had a question about this setup in the MONITORS forum a few weeks back ... you seem to have gained some knowledge in this :o) Here's my questions for you or anyone:

1.) Does it matter what type of Sony batteries you get/recommendations?
2.) How much weight does this add to the rig ... total weight??
3.) Has anyone found a good deal on the Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount in the US?

The battery dilemma has kept me away from the Marshall monitor because I really didn't want to drop c. $800 extra for V-Mount Batteries and a charger ... any additional thoughts/options are appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Damkoehler
Matt,

I noticed that you had a question about this setup in the MONITORS forum a few weeks back ... you seem to have gained some knowledge in this :o) Here's my questions for you or anyone:

1.) Does it matter what type of Sony batteries you get/recommendations?
2.) How much weight does this add to the rig ... total weight??
3.) Has anyone found a good deal on the Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount in the US?

The battery dilemma has kept me away from the Marshall monitor because I really didn't want to drop c. $800 extra for V-Mount Batteries and a charger ... any additional thoughts/options are appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi Hans,
Yes, I've been doing some research and I've played with the monitor at EVS. I'm going to pick one up next week.

1.) If i'm not mistaken, they would be the type used by the PD150/VX200 type cameras.
2.) I wouldn't imagine it would add more than on or two pounds, but I can't say for sure as I haven't seen that adapter in person and I haven't found a US dealer for it yet. I think Steve Shovlar has one, so maybe he can comment.

I was talking to Randy at EVS about the battery dilemma because I, like you, find it hard to justify buying an IDX kit JUST for the monitor. He mentioned belt batteries, which make a lot of sense to me. Just hang it around the sticks or on your waist. They usually cost a little over $200 US and will either plug right into the XLR power port or connect via an IDX adapter. A belt would easily run the monitor all day....
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:20 AM   #36
Major Player

OK my thoughts on the Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount. It works a treat! The adaptor slots into the V Mount on the back of the monitor and uses those terminals to power it. No cables at all!

The Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount uses Sony NP-F770 or 970 batteries. You can pick these up relatively cheaply on ebay. (generic ones)

I did a test yesterday to see how long two Sony batteries would power the monitor. The Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount has two slots, so I put two Sony NP-F770 batteries in and turned it on. It ran for just under 5 hours before the batteries ran out. I had the monitor on showing the colour bars. Not sure it it would make any difference it the monitor would be receiving a signal from the camera. So if using the larger 970 batteries I should think you would get an extra couple of hours. For a full days shoot I would recommend 4 batteries, or turn the monitor off during periods when you are nort shooting.

The advantages are that there are no cables, the Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount is quite light, and it's inexpensive compared to an IDX kit, which seems overkill to me. I would say it is far far better than a battery belt or Buscor battery with messy cables, especially if you go handheld.

Prety sure an email to Marshall will sort out where to order one from in the uSA. Its a new product but a good one. And in my opinion the best way to go if you don't have IDX batteries kicking about.

I don't know where
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #37
DVCreators.Net

If you're looking for the Marshall V-DV-PWR1 mount you can find 'em over at http://www.dvcreators.net/lcd-monitors/
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #38
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb Pickersgill
Scott,
I was looking for that V-Mount to A/B plate, but I couldn't find it on B&H. Do you have any links where to get it?
Sorry to take so long to respond... I've had my parents in town for their 50th anniversary, and have been offline.

I buy almost all my gear through Custom Supply in Birmingham...they're not quite as fast as B+H, but often less expensive, and they actually know their stuff, will ask tech reps questions for you and get back to you, and actually ~return calls~ and generally have astonishingly good customer service. They knew about the V- to Anton plate.

It's a product that's designed for the Sony field editor - the plate is marked NOT FOR CAMERA USE, apparently because it's a bit filmsy for the banging around you'd expect on the ass end of a ENG camera. But it seems to work fine on the Marshall--since it's fragile, I'm careful to not bang it around.

I don't have the part number for it, but Custom could help you out with that... www.mediasupplystore.com
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Looks like it does have Component Loop-Thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy
If you are using the Marshall in the field (with component in), is there anyway to send a feed to a monitor for the producer?
Does the Marshall have a loop through?
Leonard,

From what I can see on the monitor it DOES have a loop-through of the component IN's.

Check this out:

http://www.lcdracks.com/monitors/vr70phda.html
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Where did you get your shoe mount adapter and what kind did you get? How do you attach this monitor to the HVX200?

Anyone know of a cheap 7" LCD hood for it?
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Well, between the V-LCD4-MT, which I can't seem to find anywhere to buy, and the Noga DG-1105, I guess I'm going with the Noga. I wish it was easier to find all of this stuff at one retailer. Or I wish this expensive monitor came with it.

I don't really want to drop $80 on a Hoodman 7" when it takes 7-10 days to get it, but I don't see many other solutions. Anyone else have suggestions? I could always just make one... they're not that complicated.
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders