HVX200 Book - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 29th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #16
Wrangler

What's the deal with the Panasonic rebate program and the book?
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #17
Barry Wan Kenobi

Thanks for putting the link in there, Chris!

With Panasonic USA, they're not doing a rebate (that was Jarred's wording on the website), but they are giving the book away for free to anyone who bought an HVX200P from an authorized USA dealer, including retroactively all the way back to the first units sold last December. However, the site isn't up yet, so you can't register yet, Jan said it'll be about a month before they have the site fully operational.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #18
Wrangler

Thanks Barry
Do you think the free book extend to people who bought from Canadian authorized dealers too? :)
Old July 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green

With Panasonic USA, they're not doing a rebate (that was Jarred's wording on the website), but they are giving the book away for free to anyone who bought an HVX200P from an authorized USA dealer, including retroactively all the way back to the first units sold last December. However, the site isn't up yet, so you can't register yet, Jan said it'll be about a month before they have the site fully operational.
That's cool and all, but I went ahead and ordered the book anyway. I suppose I'll still apply for the free book, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. heh.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Looking forward to getting the book, Barry.

Started doing a few paying jobs with this camera and, while I now know the basics, it would be nice to become truly proficient with it.

Thanks for doing all that hard work!
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #21
Major Player

Alrighty... Received my HVX book today! Looks pretty darn good, but I haven't had a chance to start reading yet, maybe this weekend... :)
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #22
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Thanks Barry
Do you think the free book extend to people who bought from Canadian authorized dealers too? :)
That's a question for the marketing director of Panasonic Canada. Each territory decides how to spend their marketing dollars. Panasonic NZ and Panasonic US have decided that their customers are served by giving away this product (and US also gives away InstantHD and Magic Bullet Editors with the DVX, of course). If any other territories want to participate, I'll gladly answer the phone! :)
Old July 6th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Barry the last page I have in the HVX book is page 270 in the index section and ends with Raylight . Is this correct?
Went to look for 'saving' and it seemed like I was missing pages of the index.
Scott Schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:16 AM   #24
Major Player

That would be correct.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #25
Tourist

Just got my HVX 200. How do we get instant HD and magic bullet?

Thanks,

Bird
Bird Youmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:15 PM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green

A little over a month since this post. Fingers crossed; still nothing on the Panasonic site that I can find.
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:02 PM   #27
Barry Wan Kenobi

Actually someone from a dealership posted a PDF of the mail-in form, so that's got to indicate that it's imminent...

Here's the form that you can print out and mail. http://www.silverado.cc/hvx200rf.pdf

On another forum Jan said that the website should be active tomorrow or, at the latest, Thursday, so you could register for it online soon.

Last edited by Barry Green; August 1st, 2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old August 10th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #28

The icon for the Barry Green HVX book offer is now on Panasonic's site. Here's a direct link -

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...odel=AG-HVX200

or you can get there from going to http://www.panasonic.com/broadcast then going to the HVX200 section.
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #29
Major Player

THAKS for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek West
The icon for the Barry Green HVX book offer is now on Panasonic's site. Here's a direct link -

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...odel=AG-HVX200

or you can get there from going to http://www.panasonic.com/broadcast then going to the HVX200 section.
I've had my HVX since April, but just saw this link and immediately registered.

Any idea how long it might take for delivery?
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #30

no telling. Maybe a week, maybe four. Depends on how efficient Panasonic has its processes in place for this promotion. There's this thread -

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=73215

in the Sticky section where Jan mentioned the books in stock, so hopefully soon. I got to see the book at an HVX training course in Austin hosted by Omega Broadcast. Jan was there both days doing part of the training and she had the book. I thought it was well done from what I read and I also liked the way it was bound with a big heavy spiral to make it easy to open it up to a page and keep it there while you work with your camera.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders