Whining About Bag for HVX200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 5th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Major Player

Whining About Bag for HVX200

Looking for recommendations for a manageable-sized bag to handle the camera and accessories.

Petrol has a model PCPR-1 made for the HVX200. The Petrol site describes the bag as having "ample room for inserting the camera without disturbing the mic, viewfinder, or mattebox system."

Originally I understood this to mean without disturbing an external mic (e.g. shotgun attached to the body). However, when looking at each of the photos of the bag (there are 6 provided), none show an external mic. (The additional mic holder is shown, but only the internal mic, not an external).

It's confusion like this that makes buying on the web more difficult, especially when it's sight-unseen.

Other bag recommendations welcome.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Major Player

They may not have one specifically for the 200, but surely Kata has a bag that would work...they're pricey, but nicely made.
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Tourist

I use a Petrol PCUB-1.
http://www.petrolbags.com/new_petrol...B-1/PCUB-1.htm
It's ultra-portable for a bare-HVX package. Enough room for the camera and mic, but not for traveling with a mattbox attatched. However, I wouldn't buy a bag without visiting B&H or other shop to check out the bags in person.
David Carstens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Wrangler

I spent a week looking at camera bags and specs and settled on a Lowepro Commercial AW bag. I find it much more versatile with the sliplock system than any of the Kata/Portabrace/Petrol offerings.
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #5
Inner Circle

check out Lowerpro backpacks, or Kata Bags.. they are the best IMO, light, heavy duty (israeli made) and u literally slide ur camera in and out.. less than 7 seconds to insert or remove a fuly loaded handheld camcorder, and faster for an ENG camera (depending on the bag of course.. )
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #6
New Boot

Denis,

I purchased the Porta Brace CS-DV3U Camcorder Case with QS-M4 (B&H) for my HVX and love it! I believe it will fullfill your needs. Portabrace packaged the bag together with a rain cover that fits great and a padded belt pouch, all for a great price. Also, I know a guy who bought the next larger bag (CS-DV4U) for his HVX and he is very pleased because he wanted to hold several accessories i.e. mikes, cables and such. His bag also came with the rain cover.

Here's what I have in mine: HVX (with room for external shotgun mike mounted on camera), rain cover, manual, 3 batteries, 2 chargers, padded belt pouch, a few cables and some warm cards. After all that there is room for a bit more such as a 4x4 matte box and/or several P2 cards or Firestore (can't wait for mine to arrive!)

Hope that helps. Good luck!
David Trenkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I'm using a Billingham 445 shoulder bag. It fits as carry-on under the seat or overhead and I carry the following in it:

HVX-200 (perfect fit)
charger and 3 batteries
2 Lectrosonics wireless with lavaliers
Lite Panel with charger
P2Store
headphones
a long and short shotgun with mounts
two omni mics and a boundary mic
miscellaneous cables
Bill Southworth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders