Filters for HVX200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 15th, 2006, 09:01 AM   #1
New Boot

Filters for HVX200

Can anyone recommenced a good threaded polarizer and UV filter for the HVX? I believe it takes 82MM filters for the screw on variety. I know I can use a matte box but for what I do it would be much similar to use the screw on variety.
Richard Lescallette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Schneider filters are great, Tiffen is alright. I've also heard B+W and Heliopan strongly recommended, although I can't personally attest to those.
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

Richard,

Your best bet is the Heliopan, which I own.

B+W would be the next best thing, but the ND's and Circ-pols are typically not as neutral as the Helios are and, the Circ-pols often have fogging issues between the two elements that I've never seen happen with the Helio. Strange.

I almost never use the Helio anymore since I always use my matte box and Schneider drop-in's. If you pay for packing and shipping I'll *dontate* my Heliopan 82mm Circ-pol to you. How's that?
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

B+W *is* Schneider, just a different brand name used depending on whether it's a threaded circular filter (in which case they use the B+W name) or a rectangular mattebox-style filter (in which case they use the Schneider name).
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Go Go Godzilla

Right, Schneider and B+W are one in the same however, for whatever reason they didn't put the same QC into the B+W line that they did for the square glass. The B+W filters are actually manufactured for Schneider under license by a third party - can't remember who.

From my experience, I use Helio screw-in's, the square drop ins are Schneider.
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #6
New Boot

Robert -

Thanks for the very generous offer for donation. Because of the organization I work for I really do not have a good way to pay for shipment and packing. I might could pre-arrange something where someone like Mailboxes Ect. could pack and ship the unit for you but I would have to check with the finance guy.

If you do find someone who would be easier to work with please go down that road. We are a big non-profit and the wheels or progress can be slow.

Again - thanks for the very generous offer.
Richard Lescallette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Major Player

Just got my HVX yesterday from my old buddy Hans (on the forum here). Very solid and talented guy...

I'd love to try that filter if your deal and offer fall through - I'd be happy to pay shipping and some on top as well for your trouble and merchandise.

I by no means want mean to trod through the thread or on anyone's very good intentions. If your deal falls through, I'd love to try the Helio - I've only used B+W haze and polars on my SLR lenses.

Please email if you're ultimately interested in a sale and if the other agreement falls through: shawn.alyasiri@verizon.net.

Thanks very much and best to everyone,

Shawn
Shawn Alyasiri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders