DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Looking for P-2 owner to shoot with (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/71644-looking-p-2-owner-shoot.html)

Robert Camitta July 17th, 2006 11:15 AM

Looking for P-2 owner to shoot with

I have a shoot were I need to shoot with a P-2 camera. I am looking for an owner to do th engineering and sound, while I shoot with the camera. I am in Northern New jersey. If you know anyone please let me know who and how much. The shoot is on july 26th.

Dee Joslin July 17th, 2006 06:57 PM

This sounds like those photographers at Disney that want to take your picture with your camera....

Seriously though... kidding aside, can you elaborate on the shoot?

Robert Camitta July 18th, 2006 06:13 AM

A real shoot

I am doing a shoot for Panasonic at their facility and need to use the P2 camera. I don't own one and don't have time to get up to speed if I rented one.
I'm figuring if I can find someone with a P2, I can rent from them and have them on the shoot as a sound person/engineer. This way I can give Panasonic what they want and not look like an idiot.

Tony Lorentzen July 18th, 2006 06:22 AM

Can't Panasonic just lend you a camera if you're doing the shoot for them? Sounds like the most obvious solution to me.

Mike Schrengohst July 18th, 2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Camitta
I am doing a shoot for Panasonic at their facility and need to use the P2 camera. I don't own one and don't have time to get up to speed if I rented one.
I'm figuring if I can find someone with a P2, I can rent from them and have them on the shoot as a sound person/engineer. This way I can give Panasonic what they want and not look like an idiot.

Why would Panasonic hire someone who does not even own the product?
There are many qualified HVX200 owners in that neck of the woods.

Denis Danatzko July 19th, 2006 05:32 AM

Why must it be shot on a P2?

I own an HVX, and am not far from you, though not sure of my availability on that date. Can you provide more info re: the shoot, e.g. the location, purpose, size of crew, etc?

Robert Camitta July 19th, 2006 06:25 AM

What's the deal

Why don't you call me. 201-280-0876. I can't write out all this info, I come from the talking era.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis Danatzko
I own an HVX, and am not far from you, though not sure of my availability on that date. Can you provide more info re: the shoot, e.g. the location, purpose, size of crew, etc?

Robert Camitta July 19th, 2006 06:29 AM

Panasonic way

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Lorentzen
Can't Panasonic just lend you a camera if you're doing the shoot for them? Sounds like the most obvious solution to me.

If you have ever worked for one of these big electonic guys, you'd know. They have to go through so much internal crap to get a camera that it isn't worth to them. It seems silly to any thinking human, but that's how these companies work. They would rather pay some one to bring in their own equipment than to run the corporate gaunlet and actually save the company money.