Looking for P-2 owner to shoot with at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 17th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #1
New Boot

Looking for P-2 owner to shoot with

I have a shoot were I need to shoot with a P-2 camera. I am looking for an owner to do th engineering and sound, while I shoot with the camera. I am in Northern New jersey. If you know anyone please let me know who and how much. The shoot is on july 26th.
Robert Camitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

This sounds like those photographers at Disney that want to take your picture with your camera....

Seriously though... kidding aside, can you elaborate on the shoot?
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:13 AM   #3
New Boot

A real shoot

I am doing a shoot for Panasonic at their facility and need to use the P2 camera. I don't own one and don't have time to get up to speed if I rented one.
I'm figuring if I can find someone with a P2, I can rent from them and have them on the shoot as a sound person/engineer. This way I can give Panasonic what they want and not look like an idiot.
Old July 18th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #4
New Boot

Can't Panasonic just lend you a camera if you're doing the shoot for them? Sounds like the most obvious solution to me.
Tony Lorentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Camitta
I am doing a shoot for Panasonic at their facility and need to use the P2 camera. I don't own one and don't have time to get up to speed if I rented one.
I'm figuring if I can find someone with a P2, I can rent from them and have them on the shoot as a sound person/engineer. This way I can give Panasonic what they want and not look like an idiot.
Why would Panasonic hire someone who does not even own the product?
There are many qualified HVX200 owners in that neck of the woods.
Old July 19th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Why must it be shot on a P2?

I own an HVX, and am not far from you, though not sure of my availability on that date. Can you provide more info re: the shoot, e.g. the location, purpose, size of crew, etc?
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #7
New Boot

What's the deal

Why don't you call me. 201-280-0876. I can't write out all this info, I come from the talking era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Danatzko
I own an HVX, and am not far from you, though not sure of my availability on that date. Can you provide more info re: the shoot, e.g. the location, purpose, size of crew, etc?
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #8
New Boot

Panasonic way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lorentzen
Can't Panasonic just lend you a camera if you're doing the shoot for them? Sounds like the most obvious solution to me.
If you have ever worked for one of these big electonic guys, you'd know. They have to go through so much internal crap to get a camera that it isn't worth to them. It seems silly to any thinking human, but that's how these companies work. They would rather pay some one to bring in their own equipment than to run the corporate gaunlet and actually save the company money.
Robert Camitta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders