Any Battery Mount Issues? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 28th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Any Battery Mount Issues?

There a reports in a couple of other forums that the battery breaks off its mount because the little clips that hold it on are too flimsy.

This occurred for user while transporting the cam with battery attached on a bag.

It has made me reevaluate how I transport and store, and made me be very careful when attached and detaching the battery.

Any others out there?
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm not sure? I bought mine during NAB, was put on an order list at B&H, and then was shipped right after NAB, so if they bought theirs after mine, that might be the difference.

Are there photographs of the difference between the two?
Jason Boyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

In the meantime, get some one-sided sticky strips of something to put at least on the bottom to hold the weight of the battery. (near the outer edge of the case)
Robert Aldrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:57 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Panasonic steps up

I dropped off my HVX last week at the Panasonic Broadcast Service desk in Universal City. I was told they now have a new part number and will retrofit the early production units under warrantee which they are now doing to mine. They still have it so I cannot confirm the exact nature of the retrofit.
The key point for me is that they took responsibility for this issue. I suspect that forums such as this one impacted that decision. I wonder if we can go so far as to say that the time we spend on these forums is, to some degree, compensated by tipping the "is this a design flaw or is this abuse" issue in favor of guys like me who end up getting this retrofit at no charge? I'll check with my accountant ;-)
Blair S. Paulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 01:41 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes, I thought of Velcro, which I have a lot of around here, but it's slightly flexible, and seems that it wouldn't work in a high-impact situation...like bumping the camera against a table or putting it down hard.
Old August 11th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Aldrich
Yes, I thought of Velcro, which I have a lot of around here, but it's slightly flexible, and seems that it wouldn't work in a high-impact situation...like bumping the camera against a table or putting it down hard.
I used the "hook" side of the velcro pair. It's much less compressible but compliant enough to allow the battery to slide into place.
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Sounds good to me!
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:39 PM   #8
Tourist

paid for HVX battery mount repair?

Has anyone paid for repairs for the battery mount on the HVX200? We had several tabs break off from normal wear and tear during a three week rental for a feature shoot, no special stress on the camera. The rental house billed us $1,500 for repair and said this was the first time they had encountered this probelm. From some of the posts on this thread it seems like the repair should be covered under warranty if it's the first such instance, and regardless it's hard to swallow paying a third of the camera's value for a few plastic tabs, particularly when the problem seems so common. Any suggestions on how to deal with this, or similar expereinces?

Thanks,

Ed
Ed M. Koziarski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Jan from Panasonic said this battery tab issue is covered under warranty for US versions of the camera. She is less clear if it is covered AFTER warranty, or if the camera is a 'grey market' or 'Japanese' version. The cost you report may be the cost of the camera being out of service for the rental house during this repair at Panasonic. . ..
Vince Curtis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders