Hvx Dv Audio The Same As P2 Audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old August 29th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #1
New Boot

Hvx Dv Audio The Same As P2 Audio

Hello, I’m Shooting An Instructional Video On A Green Screen, Only Using The Narrator On Screen For A Few Minutes Throughout The 45 Minute Script. Having Only One 8g P2 Card, So I Was Thinking I Could Record 45 Minutes Of Audio Using The Hvx In Dv Format, Delete The Video Track In Fcp And Use Just The Audio, Then Shoot Bit's And Pieces Of The Narrator Using The P2 Card At 1080 With The Same Shotgun Mic And Audio Settings, Use The 1080 Footage And Audio Of The Narrator And The Rest Will Be Dv Audio For The 1080 Instructional Footage. Will This Work? Will The Audio Sound The Same?

Last edited by Scott McKechnie; August 30th, 2006 at 12:35 AM.
Scott McKechnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I don't know if the end processing is identical, but all of the important parts (room, mic, preamp, A/D converter) would be the same. Even if there is some minor processing difference, I doubt that anybody in your audience would ever notice.
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #3
New Boot

In HD and in DV the camera records uncompressed 48 kHz, 16-bit PCM audio.

Unlike HDV which records audio compressed at a ratio of 4:1 using MPEG-1 Layer II audio compression. Those cameras record 48 kHz, 16-bit PCM audio in DV mode.

On that issue people say there will be no difference perceptible to most people - others say they record dual system when shooting HDV.

So - as the hvx records 48 kHz, 16-bit PCM audio in both modes then one would expect no noticible difference.
Bill Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders