What the difference in the suffix after the HVX200 part? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:45 AM   #1
Tourist

What the difference in the suffix after the HVX200 part?

Just got my new camera, and noted the "p" after the "AG-HVX200." What's the "p" stand for, and is there a different set of sub models here? I wasn't awayre of any differences, thought there was just a "HVX200." Please someone advise nervous nellie the new camera owner here...

Thanks much!

GD
Geoffrey Donne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 06:25 AM   #2
Major Player

It's not intuitive.

The model ending in "P" is definitely the NTSC model. I think the PAL model ends in "EN".

From other posts on this site, I think there is one other model that is specific to Australia and NZ, but I forget the suffix used. (Something to do with capabilities due to licensing issues in those countries, I think).

I was worried too when I rec'd mine and first saw it. Funny how our minds immediately jump to making connections like that, huh?

Good luck with it. BTW, did you register for "The HVX Book" by Barry Green? If not, do it today. I found it very informative.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 10:31 AM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

200P = US
200T = (I think?) Japan
200E = Europe
202EN = Aus/NZ
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders