720 PN Out to TV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #1
New Boot

720 PN Out to TV

Okay, pretty sure I'm an idiot. Here's what I did and please tell me if I'm right in identifying my mistake. (Keep in mind that I'm new to the HVX).

I recently shot a TV spot using 720 PN, which I know is true 24 frames. I edited the spot in desktop mode using Premiere 2.0, 23.976 timeline...looked great. I exported it out that way and then took it into After Effects to re-size it and output it as a 720x480 29.97, lower field file. Now, playing in a 29.97 timeline, it looks as though it has a drag to it or a slight stutter. The question is, is the video trying to make up for lost frames not filmed because of the true 24 (720 PN) frames? And maybe that explains why I had 33 minutes using 2 8 gig cards as opposed to the 16 minutes in 24p.

Am I right?
Is there a fix to this?
It needs to go out to TV eventually and must be fixed.
Please help.
Thanks,
Ben
Ben Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #2
Major Player

You need to insert pulldown frames in order to fill out the 30 fps. (29.97)

If you use FCP you can put your 720pN 24 sequence in a 29.97 timeline, and use the Nattress plug-in "Standards Conversion" which has a pulldown add/removal feature. It's worked well for me.

www.nattress.com

AE should also be able to do this.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders