BEST Dual DVD Back-up option...? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 6th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

BEST Dual DVD Back-up option...?

I own the HVX and am using the P2 Reader with my MacBookPro and Final Cut.

I will be shooting with 2 P2 cards and am wondering what is the best way to back up my footage via my MacBook Pro. Many people have told me to back it up to DVD on Dual DVD's.

However, I am not getting any clear cut answers on the best DVD to purchase (i.e. - Sony, TDK, etc) in terms of the fastest writing time and/or the most reliable Dual DVD's to purchase so that I can have all my footage backed up on DVD in addition to my External Drve, and semi-breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I have it elsewhere on another format/platform.

Any ideas?

I would greatly appreciate the advice as I am looking to purchase many Dual Discs for an out of the country shoot.

Thanks in advance!

JC
Justin Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

oops...Quick Follow up!

Oh, and they are 2 diff. 8 gig cards (not 4 gig), hence why I'm interested in the dual DVD format, so I can go P2 card per DVD when backing up.
Justin Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Major Player

You don't need DL DVD to back up an 8GB card... You can have your backup software span the 8GB of data across two discs. This is cheaper this way and may or may not be more convenient for you. Reliability is subjective as that depends on everything from the reliability of your DVD writer to the software you're using and storage conditions for the media.

I have the best luck with Ritek media. Also consider that many bigger brands (like Sony) don't usually manufacture their own media, but rather use some of the bigger bulk manufacturers do it (Ritek, Taio Yuden, etc..).
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders