16GB cards? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 28th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Jankis
My thoughts exactly. It's awesome. The camera and accessories are affordable. However, I can't imagine what kind of processing power I'll need to edit it.
Quite a lot... Or you create low-res proxies in a format like DV or DVCPROHD to edit with and then render out to final with the offline, full-res footage.

We'll have 45nm CPUs from Intel within the next two months, meaning lower voltage requirements for quad-core CPUs. Intel's Nehalem quad-core due by the end of '07 will be 45nm and will be a unified design where all 4 cores are on the same die and share cache and interCPU communications direclty. I'm thinking I'll have my RED One later this year and I plan to buy two new workstations (hopefully Nehalem based Mac Pro systems w/12GB+ RAM). What worries me the most with RED is the backup and archival requirements (the HVX200 is a big enough challenge sometimes) and the ability to display and work with 4K footage. ...Working with 4K is no different than digital processes working with 35mm film footage. In other words, much of it is still an offline edit by proxy process... That is changing, but it's still another couple years off until we have 4K monitors and systems that can chew through it in real time. Actually a newer 8-core PC or Mac could probably play back 4K in real time, I would be surprised if it couldn't... Even the 4-core models can handle realtime 1080p and more than one stream of it... 4K would be a strain, but I bet it's possible with well-written software.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders