Dumping mini dv footage via HVX. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dumping mini dv footage via HVX.

Hello y'all,

I am mostly shooting my narrative feature on the p2 cards in 720/24, however i have a few minidv tapes --- most are shot on super 8mm and transfered to minidv and the other stuff looks like it was mostly shot on video...

I was wondering a.) how to import this into FCP via my Macbook Pro, and b.) what is the most optimal way to get it to my hard drive/available for my editor so that i don't have to re-import it down the line...

Do I need a firewire cable from the camera or something?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I am VERY new to this process and just want to do it the best way.

Thannks so much in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Justin
Justin Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 01:23 AM   #2
Major Player

you need firewire cable if you want to so Apple, and USB2 if you want to use PC.

Just play it back and push capture in your NLE
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders