I heard 16GB P2 card coming out in June at less than 100,000 yen?! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 11th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #1
Trustee

I heard 16GB P2 card coming out in June at less than 100,000 yen?!

I was just informed that 16GB P2 is coming out in June at less than 100,000 yen. I though they were aiming 10,000yen/perGB, but they actually making it cheaper?! I'm pretty sure that is what he said.

At Panasonic Japan, the battery for HVX200 is out of stock, 8GB card is too pricy and expected to drop in price, so nobody is buying (I just rented a couple for myself for the last shoot of MashSF), so I was worrying about P2 situation, but man! I hope this is true. I will confirm tomorrow.

16GB x2=32GB for HVX200 is a lot for me to shoot overcranked 24P since HV20 takes care of long period shooting with 24P.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

The suggested retail price in the USA is $900, which would equate to about 108,000 Yen, so yes it probably is priced right about where you thought it would be.

Two 16GB cards = 80 minutes of 720/24pN or 32 minutes of 720/60p. But also keep in mind that the 32GB cards are due to come out in November, so the capacity is going to get huge very soon.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:28 AM   #3
Trustee

I think actual price I can get it for is less than 90,000 yen.

Barry, what is your opinion about Firestore and Cineporter?
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

I think the FireStore is an interim product that starts to look largely irrelevant once 32GB cards come out five months from now; two 32GB cards gets you about 2/3 to the recording capacity of the FS-100. I think the FS-100 is a transitional product; it serves a valid purpose today (long recording times while P2 cards are smaller) but once the cards get big enough, there's really no reason to put up with the limitations and inconveniences of hard disk recording as compared to the P2 cards.

As for the CinePorter: it's not out yet. It offers many things the FireStore doesn't (such as interchangeable/ejectable hard disks, and 3x to 5x as much capacity) so it stakes out different territory and offers a different workflow and capabilities than the FireStore does. But, until it's on the market and available, it's not a workflow option for someone looking for a solution today.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders