P2Store new functionality? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Major Player

P2Store new functionality?

Can someone help confirm my observation? Previously, (using the old firmware) when I copy a 8GB P2 card to the internal HD, it will use 2 x 4GB partition on the HD.

Yesterday, I tested copying data from a 16GB P2 card to the HD (after updating the firmware to support 16GB cards) - the 16GB P2 is about 800MB of data only - I expected to see 4 x 4GB partitions used up. But instead, it only use 1 4GB partition.

Because I have upgraded the firmware on my P2store, I can't revert to the old firmware to test out the behavior on a 8GB card ...

Anyone can do the test and check out my observations? Thanks.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Panasonic Broadcast

Hi,

The P2 Store is not yet compatible with the 16GB Card and thus you should not trust it to copy anything off of the 16GB card. The software for it will be ready in August.

Best,

Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TingSern Wong View Post
Can someone help confirm my observation? Previously, (using the old firmware) when I copy a 8GB P2 card to the internal HD, it will use 2 x 4GB partition on the HD.

Yesterday, I tested copying data from a 16GB P2 card to the HD (after updating the firmware to support 16GB cards) - the 16GB P2 is about 800MB of data only - I expected to see 4 x 4GB partitions used up. But instead, it only use 1 4GB partition.

Because I have upgraded the firmware on my P2store, I can't revert to the old firmware to test out the behavior on a 8GB card ...

Anyone can do the test and check out my observations? Thanks.
Old June 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Major Player

If that is the case, why it is the Panasonic Japan website seems to indicate the P2Store is able to handle 16GB cards then? Very misleading information - to say the least.
Old June 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

August?!

Well that sucks. I was going to buy a couple of 16GB cards to do some long(er) form work. But I planned on using a P2 Store. I'm better off waiting to buy the 16GB cards and just using 4GB cards and the P2 Store. Will the new firmware update support the upcoming 32GB cards?
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #5
Major Player

Jan,

I would sincerely appreciate your comments from this website -

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro.../p2indexe.html

Look very carefully at the last row -
AJ-PCS060G Appli 2.01-up 2007/5/31 Supported 2.01- 1.07-or higher Installed Installed

The Supported 2.01 is for column 16GB AJ-P2C016RG

Therefore, I would understand from this website that if I upgrade my Appli (firmware) for P2Store 60GB - it will support the 16GB P2 Card.

Yes, or No ... if No - please tell Panasonic Japan then. They are doing everybody a total dis-service by putting out false information here. Thank you.

TS
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #6
Major Player

P2Store Supports 16GB cards - confirmed.

Hi everybody,

I have OFFICIAL confirmation from Panasonic Singapore (and also Japan) that P2Store WILL support 16GB cards using the latest firmware (2.01 Appli) once you download and upgrade the P2 Store.

Jan posted the original information - but factory has pushed forward the date since.

So, go ahead and upgrade the P2STORE firmware and use 16GB cards then.
Thank you.
Old June 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Oh good news!
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders