Leica M9 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old September 11th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
...the Canon 5D2 has a massive clean ISO range that will make up for that, as well as being faster to use if you are talking street photography.
Thanks Dylan.
The only other camera I am looking at is the 5DMkII, which even Phil Bloom swears by. On the one hand I know I'll do well with my Canon (it's good great service in India) but I like to go against the herd. I'll try to get my hands on both and decide, or maybe wait a bit for the 1DS with full frame. Either way there's no going back.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #17
Trustee

One great feature on the M9 is the easy menu system and "one button for each function", as they claim. It's built for one purpose only and probably that's why I'm drawn to it. I'm hunting for someone in my area with a Leica to ask about service, lens, etc.

And it's very likely I'll just walk into a Canon store and buy a 5D or 1DS (full frame, whenever that comes out)!
Old September 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #18
Wrangler

Big names are talking that the 1DsIV will debut at Photokina shortly. If that's the case, you'll be able to buy it by Dec, probably.
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #19
Major Player

Where is your source for that comment Dylan? The latest speculation is that the 1Ds MkIV wont show up until 2012, but a mirrorless camera might/might not be in the pipeline.
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #20
Trustee

Phil Bloom tells me it's going to be 3x the price of a 5D, so is it really worth it? Also, I'm not too sure why somebody isn't thinking of a medium format HD recording camera, like Canon perhaps?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)