Custom Video Intros? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old November 8th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Custom Video Intros?

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I was wondering if anyone knows if their are any graphic companies who do custom Video Intros for Videography Businesses? Kind of similar to

YouTube - 20th Century Fox

YouTube - Intro de Universal Pictures

YouTube - Lionsgate Intro HD [720p] - I want one similar to this...

I'd like to use this as a beginning to all of our videos whether they're wedding, business or commercial related.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan
Ryan McHugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Find yourself a good motion graphics freelancer. They can make up an animated logo for you.
Arnie Schlissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've actually contacted some people and pricing was close to $500-1000!
Ryan McHugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Major Player

At the low end, that sounds about right. This is very much a case where you get what you pay for.

Someone who's done a lot of TV & film work will probably spend almost as much time asking you how you want it delivered as they will asking you about the creative concepts. They will deliver something that will look smart & professional.

A kid fresh out of school (or still in school) may deliver a beautiful concept, but it may wind up looking like crap when you try to actually add it into something because it was created at the wrong resolution or an odd size or compressed the wrong way..
Arnie Schlissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Major Player

I agree with Arnie.

Btw, consider this:
you want to use it the next couple of years (or even forever): let's say you use it on 50 productions. It will cost you about $20,- per production (at a price of $1000,-).

(I could make something for you, but the €/$ exchange rate will make it even more expensive for you....)
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #6
Regular Crew

you can get some nice ones at digitaljuice.com, of course not totally custom but you can always add to them
John Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Major Player

I do them, but my prices are many times what's up on this thread so far...

You might think that's a lot, but from soup to nuts a motion logo (that's what they're called) takes between a couple of weeks and a couple of months to conceive and execute. Mostly it's tweaks between the production company and the client, because as you can see it's nearly 100% concept. And if you're not a visual person, getting a hold of the concept of a company and expressing it on a screen (or even a piece of paper for that matter) is tough. Not for the artist, for the client and artist.

So yeah, $10,000 for eight weeks' work works out to... not much money, if you're going 10 hours a day 7 days a week.
I have one motion logo that's on revision 32, any my record was 51 revisions. The record holder paid well to remain anonymous, but you've seen the logo most probably, and the last 10 or so revisions were tweaks between a HD video master and 35mm DI and release prints, so timed in a lab and in a cinema theater. Typical web destined motion logos are much less, of course, but even a little H264 iPod release can run several hundred dollars, including original music and HD 3D CGI materials.

HTH
YMMV
Cheers!
Chris
Old November 25th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Regular Crew

this is why i am so eager to learn cinema 4d :)
gonna make big bucks!
Alejandro Vargas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)