DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Source for gel cuts or short rolls

Can anyone recommend a source for gel cuts? I have a Lowel Rifa 66 which uses cuts that are about 27" square. You can buy individual cuts from Lowel but they're really expensive for what you get. I've seen full 48" rolls for about $ 110. I'm wondering if there's someplace you can buy used or new 48" rolls that are shorter than a full 25'? Or maybe there are others here who would split some rolls with me? I'd like to get 1/4 and 1/2 CTB and CTO, some sort of diffusion and possilby some ND for windows.
Jonathan Plotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #17
Major Player

I guess the 25' / 48" rolls translate to 7 meters / 1.2 meters? I am having the same trouble right now because these rolls are at least 100 Euro everywhere I look and I would need like 2 meters CTO w. ND for a no-budget project. However the next smaller size is 1 meter by 1.20 meters , which is too short for most windows...

And by the way I need to correct myself again, the Lee 400 "Leelux" is not a frost, as I said before, but it is, according to the Lee homepage "A dense white diffuser used for soft white effects (125 micron polyester base)" taking 1 1/2 stops (same as the 216).
Heiko Saele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I just picked this up locally for 40 bucks.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ng_Filter.html

Good selection, for what I want to do anyway.
Derek Nickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiko Saele View Post
I guess the 25' / 48" rolls translate to 7 meters / 1.2 meters? I am having the same trouble right now because these rolls are at least 100 Euro everywhere I look and I would need like 2 meters CTO w. ND for a no-budget project. However the next smaller size is 1 meter by 1.20 meters , which is too short for most windows...
Try your nearest film & television lighting company. They might have shorter lengths left over from shoots and they may sell them or by the meter from already opened rolls.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management