DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #1
Trustee

Small Special Light to Follow a Day-lit Face

I've been thinking that I'd like a small cheap light with some decent power to use in a particular scenario where I need a little more light on a face during the day, but don't have someone handy to carry around a reflector. This may occasionally be a moving shot, so a stationary reflector setup wouldn't be possible.

I know this is a cheapie, but does anyone have any comments on whether or not something like following product would work? It's only 99.95, puts out 100w and has a daylight filter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=246886&is=REG&m=Y

Any advice would be appreciated.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #2
Wrangler

It looks to be OK. Don't know about its construction. S-V tend to have sort of flimsy looking stuff that seems, somehow to last.

You will need a 12 volt, 8.5 (roughly) amp power source. Either a $300 belt and charger or a $70 to $100 brick or so.

Me, I want one of those little 18 watt HMI setups with an equivalent 70 watt halogen output. But the $700 for one is gotta go someplace else.
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:40 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I think the Frezzi 10W HMI looks really cool. I wish I could hear from someone who has used it. I can't even find a decent picture of it. For some reason, there's always a picture of the Frezzi micro-fill in its place. Some marketing guy must have shipped the wrong photo.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2004, 08:42 AM   #4
Trustee

Interesting... Mike, there appears to be an accessory listed on the page that says they have a battery back that's 6.5amp available for pretty cheap. I have no idea how long these types of battery packs last. Think it would be annoyingly quick to run out?
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management