Training video--speaker & PowerPoint - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old April 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #16
Major Player

Well, I am doing very similar shooting for the training video May 6-7.
I will have his power point presentation in digital where I can cut away, but he said he will write on whiteboard alot.
I told him to write down everything before the beginning of each session (total of 10 sessions, 8-10 minutes each) so I don't have to film him writing on the board.
Would it be that bad having white board on the background? I am kinda scared. He said he and his whiteboard is a team.
I am thinking frame him waist up placed in screen-left, and whiteboard on right side.
I have Rifa 250w, Lowel Pro 250W, 2 Tota light with gels and black wraps and reflector.
I don't want it to look cheap. I know it's challenging, but I want to do my best to look more prefessional!
Thank you!

JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #17
Wrangler

The presentation I shot had nothing but white board behind it; focusing the light on the presenter kept glare to a minimum. The only thing I didn't like about my finished video was the flat look; not enough separation between the presenter and the board. Where the white board in yours will be off to one side it will probably look okay, and if you have time and space to get picky, I say go ahead and get a hair light on the guy.

Also, what you read in earlier posts about the audio...that's the important part.

Now that I've written all that I'm looking back at earlier posts again. Just re-read what Bill Davis wrote and do that. :)

Before I forget to say it yet again, THANK YOU to all the good folks who offered advice way back when!
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #18
Major Player

It will be 100% staged with no audience, so that's good thing.
I am going to put wireless lav on him as well as shotgun mic from my camera pointing at him, so I think audio shouldn't be a big headache.
He won't be moving too much, so fixed lighting will be a key to make it look good.
I will make sure to throw some hair light on him as you said, Lorinda.
Again, I can't thank enough for all the help that I receive from this website.

JJ
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
SNIP

Now that I've written all that I'm looking back at earlier posts again. Just re-read what Bill Davis wrote and do that. :)

Before I forget to say it yet again, THANK YOU to all the good folks who offered advice way back when!
Hey Lorinda,

Can I have your permission to keep a copy of this post in my wallet? I'd be nice to be able to prove to people that SOMEONE out there still finds my advice useful! ;)

You going to be at NAB this year?
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #20
Wrangler

You mean I didn't tell you, Bill, that I'm compiling every bit of info you've posted on this board for my own personal video production book? :)

Ya know...now that I see that in writing it's not a bad idea at all...if I get it published you can have the royalties. ;)

As for NAB, I'm attending one night and one night only. See you there!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management