DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old August 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Flashpoint Shoe Mountable LED 70 Video Light

Does anybody has purchased this light?. I ordered one but I could not find any reviews, It looks good for the price.

Flashpoint Shoe Mountable LED 70 Video Light with 4 Leaf Barndoor.
Alain Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Looks like an inexpensive Chinese import - let us know how it works once you get it! The price is nice, I know the little Sima lights were a bargain, will be interesting to hear your reports/experience.

This looks a little like a light that was being sold on eBay for a while, that one was quite "blue", and had a prominent "hot spot".
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I think is the same light, if I find those issues I'm going to have to return it then.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
Looks like an inexpensive Chinese import - let us know how it works once you get it! The price is nice, I know the little Sima lights were a bargain, will be interesting to hear your reports/experience.

This looks a little like a light that was being sold on eBay for a while, that one was quite "blue", and had a prominent "hot spot".
Alain Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Really curious about these lights. They definitely look like the same ones on ebay. Please let me know what you think about them once you get them in. If they are too bright, could they just be used as a portable light on a stand? Maybe for interviews?
Thanks
Old August 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #5
Major Player

Looks like you'll get exactly what you pay for
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #6
Inner Circle

It will be problematic if the LED light only offers 5600K color temperature if it doesn't offer any gel filter. Video will be too blue and people will look like corpse. You can read more in my blog L.A. Color Shop Blog | Color Temperature

The images attached here is from the SWIT LED light. It has a gel to correct the lower temperature but at the same time, reduces the amount of light output.
Attached Thumbnails
Flashpoint Shoe Mountable LED 70 Video Light-tiff1.jpg   Flashpoint Shoe Mountable LED 70 Video Light-tiff2.jpg  

Flashpoint Shoe Mountable LED 70 Video Light-tiff3.jpg  
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I received my light last friday, I tested it and it was not blue at all but the output was not very strong, but it just costed me $67.00. Here is the video without correction, as shot:

flashpoint dvl-70 leds lighting test on Vimeo
Alain Mayo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management