2 Camera lighting setup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old July 17th, 2004, 05:58 AM   #1
Major Player

2 Camera lighting setup

I'm going to be doing a 2 camera shoot for a DV movie, anyone have any tips for me?
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:51 AM   #2
New Boot

Hey whatup. I'm currently the DP on an extremely low budget feature that's being shot in mid-August. We plan on using 2 cameras for most of the shoot (XL1s and VX2000) with a VX2001 and days needed. You'll need to plan lighting for the coverage of 2-3 cameras I would probably have a fill light (ie, a couple of china balls hanging from the ceiling to raise your ambient levels up (just as long as both cameras won't have the ceiling in the shot). For key light, etc... you just place them the way you want and just carefully compose your shots and camera placement. Really you just need to go out an see what works for you.

Kris Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Hmmm, Chinese lanterns, that's a great idea, thanks!
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #4
New Boot

It's cool. I actually got that idea about buying chinese laterns from Scott Spears website a couple of weeks ago. I bought some clamp lights and extension cords from Ace (I gotta get some clamps too). 150-200W light bulbs from bulbs.com and gels, black wrap and gaffers tape from StudioDepot.com and Filmtools.
Kris Dawson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management