Softbox and honeycomb for litepanel 1x1? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old August 31st, 2015, 08:32 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Softbox and honeycomb for litepanel 1x1?

I actually did find the Chimera softbox useful. My interviews usually take place with some amount of natural lighting, so I use the same setup as you described in your video. I find the softbox does give a softer key and, as another poster described, prevents the interviewee from being temporarily blinded.

With regard to your video, I too,had already purchased the equipment you used in the video (except for the Chimera softbox) two years ago. I purchased your video last Fall to see if there was something I wasn't already doing. About chapter five, it got to the "good stuff". :-) I was putting my lights higher than you recommend. Thanks!

As you said, equipment changes. I would be very interested in hearing your review of the Litepanels Caliber Kit.
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 09:18 PM   #17
Vortex Media

Well, I just got back Saturday from teaching for two weeks at Maine Media Workshops and we did have access to a demo Caliber kit the last few days. A couple of my students used it one day (with good results) but I must confess I was so busy I never had a chance to put it through it's paces myself. Looks interesting, but I can't give an opinion one way or another yet. I'm on the road for the next two months on a project and then I'll try to get my hands on another demo kit over the holidays and see what it can do on some setups. BTW, the Litepanels softbox that fits on the new ASTRA 1x1s gets two thumbs up. I love those ASTRAs.
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:22 PM   #18
Major Player

Ah! There it is!

Last edited by Ed Roo; September 1st, 2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Delayed post appeared
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 06:51 AM   #19
Regular Crew

This is another source:

BAG FABRICS from The Rag Place
Frank Grygier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management