on camera light at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old April 9th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Major Player

on camera light

Hi all, I'm wondering if you know of any hot shoe mountable lights for the sony vx2000. I know onboard lights aren't usually the best option, but in my case, i really need one for nighttime no control of lighting situations. I'm looking for one wi/ decent output and the ability to attach a softbox on it. Any one know where i can put together a kit like this? thanks
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Hellgate Pictures, Inc.

B & H has plenty of solutions for you. best to look at lights that can mount on camera but are supplied their own battery. For the least expensive start with the brand Bescor.
Walter Graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #3
Major Player

thanks for your help.i found what i needed. :)
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Walter made an excellent suggestion, to always get one with its own battery. Bescors are fantastic, but don't forget these guys: Frezzi MicroFill and Pag C6.

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Rush Hamden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:53 AM   #5
Hellgate Pictures, Inc.

yea Rush, a light that has its own power is always good. ANd you are correct, those other manufacturers are great too. I always use the lowest common denominator with DV because most folks can't afford much. You sell some good fixtures at your place that folks should look at too, don't you?
Walter Graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Sure do, we sell all those lights, I just like to provide everyone with all the choices, those being the most popular currently: the Bescor AK7ATM, Pag C6, and frezzi microfill. All have kits that come with batteries, arranged in order of affordability. They are all good, but the features differ, like the AK7ATM is 50W and can dim, C6 is 20W but is lighter and can spot/flood, the microfill is 35W and can dim....

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Rush Hamden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management