A Frezzi add on for 16x9 cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A Frezzi add on for 16x9 cameras

I have gone through many, many on camera light solutions for my sony ex3. I just could not seem to get the light to fill when the camera lens was wide. The lights would either drop off at the sides of the picture or have a hot spot in the center of my images. This Frezzi light spreader add on mounts to the front of the mini fill and expands the light to accomodate the wide 16x9 image. Yesterday, at frezzi, i was given a demo of the material in the filter that expands the light to a wider light. Pretty impressive in their lab. This could be what i have been searching for after being dissapointed with three 16x9 lights.

I have the first and only prototype right now and plan to use it this weekend in the real world.

Some info on the product>>>

Model MFBD w/LS 2x2 Light spreader
Cost @ 175.00
frezzi 973.427.1160
ask for Kevin

Dano
DANOfilms

ps. this is not a paid advertisement and i do not work for frezzi. i just FINALLY found something that seems to work real well. i will keep you posted on my "real world" tests.
Dano Motley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Is that used with the 55 degree, 3200K MR-16 in the Mini-Fill?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management