DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old December 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Trustee

Paglight LED

Just saw this new unit for paglights: Paglight Spot Flood LED AT IBC 2009 - Stand 11.C30

I have two of the Pag lights and this is a great low power consumption addition to the halogen and HMI daylight units that I already have.

Not cheap but a logical addition to this versatile lighting system.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Major Player

850 lux at 2m. Anyone have the rough equivalent in bulb wattage (for those of us too lazy to look up the math?)
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Major Player

OK...for an example, the IDX X-5, with a stated 50W equivalency, throws 900 lux at 1 meter.

So the PAG module, with 850 lux at 2m, would then, with the inverse square law, be about 3400 lux at 1 meter...making it the equivalent of 187 watts.

Right? Or should I not be doing math on three hours sleep?

'Cuz if that's accurate, that's a pretty efficient PAG unit, for about the same draw on the battery.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:27 PM   #4
Trustee

Pag lites are top quality for sure, but I think you have to be careful with lumens figures for any (not just Pag) light that is using adjustable throw, flood to spot with zoom reflectors or condenser lens since inverse square law is being manipulated to pull the lumens figure.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Old Boot

Re: Paglight LED

Just copped this 'un. Outrageous! Just outrageous! Got it on a real world test presently. So far truly impressed.

- g
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management