DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old April 15th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anyone used a Meda Light?

I was about to get a Kino flo Diva Lite 400, when someone suggested I get a Meda Light which is similar but around half the price.

Can't find out anything about the Medalight or know anyone who has used one or purchased one.

Can anyone help?
Syeed Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Shenzhen Meda Light is a manufacturer of LED bulbs. And Alberta Meda designs light fixtures for the home... Other than that, i couldn't find any more info, certainly not about a diva style fixture.

For the same "around half the price" point you can pick up a cool lights 4 bank portable fluoro, which has heaps of firsthand reviews on this site. If you haven't already eliminated cool lights as an option, thats where i'd send ya if you were my friend.

Fluorescent HMI and LED Video Studio and Location Lighting - Cool Lights USA

cheers,
-a
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Though I have never used either it seems to me that what's important is the bulb, and not the fixture. Though once I would have spent the money on a $2000 or $3000 fixture without blinking now I'm on the other side of the fence and am reluctant to spend more then I absolutely have to. And when it comes to fluorescents there are just too many less expensive options for me personally to justify throwing money at Kino Flo and the like.

and lightbulbemporium sell color balanced CFLs and I'd start there before I'd reach for my wallet were I in your shoes. These lamps use common E26 sockets and can be fitted into cheap clamp lights mounted onto PVC stands.

For me the light I'd get would be the same, and the money I saved could go towards something like a RED Scarlet or that prime lens that I'd love to have.
Mark Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
Syeed Ali is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management