DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old June 1st, 2010, 08:16 AM   #16
Regular Crew

used it first time at a wedding this weekend

it basically saved the "exit shot" of bride and groom. i mounted it on the hot shoe of my camera using the 11" articulating arm. everything was great except its pretty freaking heavy mounted on the articulating arm and i use kinda small cameras so it was a bit top heavy but thats the worst i can say about it and that was to be expected.
-JS
Jason Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Have the 128 and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it. Use to use the litepanels microPro and this is 10 times better. Brighter, Sony battery, metal case, well made. I have used it on 2 run-n-gun reality shows with great results. Just make sure your subject stays more than 3-4 feet away. Here are a few screen grabs from the Philippines.

- As a fill light

-As the primary talent light (on camera)

-As primary light with no other lighting
Attached Thumbnails
Flo Light-128-1.png   Flo Light-128-2.png  

Flo Light-128-3.png  
Annen James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #18
Major Player

Hi Annen,

Nice pics!

Where in the Philippines were these taken?

Forgotten how good the street food in Manila used to be :)

Best,
Old June 25th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Just bought the 256 will post a video later in the week when it arrives
Matt Shefford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #20
Trustee

I have a Anton/bauer Ultra light 2 with a 50 watt bulb( 42 watts @ 14 volts) How does the flo light 128 compare against that in light output?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #21
Major Player

Hey Matt

Did you ever post that video with the 256? I would love to see it in action!

Thanks

Chad
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
I have a Anton/bauer Ultra light 2 with a 50 watt bulb( 42 watts @ 14 volts) How does the flo light 128 compare against that in light output?
Randy did you change on-camera lights yet? Have you seen the LED MR16s? I have an Anton-Bauer UL2 which I use with my shoulder-mount JVC DV camera with an A/B Hytron. I'm going to be upgrading to a small HD camera soon (EX1R or XF300). Using the UL2 with a halogen MR16 would be too much power draw on the new camera, so I've been looking at these MicroBeams and other LED panel type on-camera lights.

The other day I was poking around a home reno store and saw some lower wattage LED versions of the MR16. Looked online and I see some are available in both daylight or 3200 that would put out equivalent of 35W, with a decent CRI rating. They are expensive but not like you have to replace them very often. So I am thinking of keeping the UL2 for the new camera and just using these new style LED MR16s. I like the small profile of the UL2 compared to these larger LED panels. Have a mini softbox for the UL2. Can also get a Swit battery that allows you to plug in the A/B D-tap.

Anyhow it's just an option. I do like the design of these Flo LIght MicroBeam, could use it off the camera as well. Would be interested to see if anyone has actually tried these LED MR16s in their UL2.

Keith

(sorry for this late response, I just recently joined DVinfo)
Keith Dobie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management