DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old January 10th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Major Player

CL-LED1200 1200 LED Panel 2/25/11

Richard, can you give us some insight on these? Is it just basically two 600's or is there some additional features? Single Power supply? Still able to pwr via Batt. No pics or specs on the site yet....
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Richard with Cool Lights got back to me via email and their site has been updated with pictures and specs on the LED1200. To answer my own questions; For the most part dual 600LED however there is a Bi-color option which sounds interesting but the 5600k are what I prefer. Anyways, I was not trying to make a sales pitch via this thread...although I did get the 600's and they are great! If anyone ends up with some 1200's please report back to us here how you like them and if you are using them in addition to 600's/256's or other lights. I may try some out in the near future but can not raid my F3 fund... :)

Included in kit: LED 1200 daylight fixture (includes dimmer as well as six bank select switches for many output control options), barndoors, multi-axis mount (MAM), stand adapter, LED 1200 back pack, 4 panel acrylic filter set in nylon pouch, AC to DC 18V adapter with carabiner and nylon strap, 16 foot American IEC power cord.

External battery interface will be accomplished with the forthcoming LED 1200 battery interface option.

Note on the Bi-color LED's, More to them that I first thought.

bi-color is another method to achieve a higher CRI. What is missing most in daylight range LEDs to help with CRI is the red component of the spectrum. Its all related to how they commonly obtain a "white" LED that makes such LEDs deficient in red. Bi-Color and RGB panels make up for this by replacing red and more approximating a fuller spectrum. Single color panels require minus green filters to help put some more "life" into the color rendering. The bi-color type doesn't require any filtering at all.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Trustee

There's a lot more discussion on the "other" forum. (do a Google search)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management