DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old September 17th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Trustee

Cant wait to get my comer 1800 now

I have always used good ole fashioned Anton/Bauer lights mainly because I was afraid that LED would give my AG-HMC 150 enough light to do weddings. Well today I was kind of in a bind I had 2 bookings without really enough gear to cover them (battery wise) to in a pinch I picked up this cheap light at my local camera shop. Promaster I figured if it worked great if not I could use it as a light for my home videos at christmas etc. Well it did a great job I had to push the gain a little more than I liked and I still used my anton/bauer for the main stuff (entrance toast etc) but dancing, Table shots and interviews were great and if the specs are true the comer SHOULD put out about 4 times more light than this baby so I am really looking forward to my new lights!
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Cant wait to get my comer 1800 now

Looking at the spec of that Promaster LED120 light, it's 51 lux at 10 feet. Comer 1800 is 1800 lux at 3 feet. I'm sure you would be happy with the output of the Comer 1800 light.
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Cant wait to get my comer 1800 now

Thats good because I want to be able to use the color correction filter and still have enough light to work. A couple more jobs and im buyin 2! What is the drop off after that?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management