DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old September 10th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Remote Phosphor Lighting, which one?

Hi guys,

Like many here I'm very excited about the possibilities of remote phosphor LED lighting (great colour, great output, low wattage, battery powering).

But with no local stockists, I'm unable to have a proper look at either of the two current options; namely, the Cineo Trucolor LS and HS models, and the BBS Area 48 (if anyone knows of other brands options that are available at the moment please let me know!).

As far as I can tell the Trucolor LS and the Area 48 should be roughly similar in output, I believe the Area 48 draws 160w and the Trucolor 150w (though don't quote me on that the specs are buried kinda deep for both products) but I can't find consistent photometrics for both to compare them properly. The Trucolor HS has a much higher output obviously, but it's also in a much higher price bracket.

The Trucolor is cheaper, but has a separate ballast; and the Area 48 is a little more expensive but you can clip a battery right on the back of it to keep the unit self-contained.

If anyone's had a chance to see both lights (at a trade show or elsewhere) I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Remote Phosphor Lighting, which one?

I'm waiting for the LS to be a self contained unit, I believe I read about it somewhere. Isn't barbizon a local stockist for the LS?

Never saw an area48 in action, interested as well.
David Wibowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Remote Phosphor Lighting, which one?

Yeah, Barbizon stock it, but their offices are in Brisbane and Sydney, which doesn't do me much good whilst I'm sitting here down south :/
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management