DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old November 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Any one using F&V K4000

Is anyone using the Any one using F&V K4000 led? If so, what's your thoughts on it? I am thinking about buying 3 of these units. It will be my first LED kit so I wanted to get some feedback on this particular model.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Any one using F&V K4000

I like the one daylight unit I have quite a bit. There's a little bit of green in the light, but overall it matches daylight-balanced kino-flos pretty darn good. It's nice to have a small light to travel with or move around quickly for a setup. Build quality is very good in my opinion, the diffusion is a bit wonky, but not a big deal to attach. Runtime on a V-mount battery is impressive. Overall I'd buy again.
Old November 16th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #3
DVi Contributor

Re: Any one using F&V K4000

For the money the 3 light daylight kit is the best on the market. Around $1100 I think with 3 fixtures and a case. It is about 1 inch short of a standard 1x1 panel from any other brand, so the usual filters and chimera banks with not fit F&V fixtures, It is also about 2/3 as powerful as other brands, the Limelight and the Lite Panel are way brighter, However, with cameras running native ISOs of 800 and over, if you buy stronger panels at 1,000 each and you end up dimming them down by 1/3rd most of the time then you've wasted your money for brighter fixtures. I've owned F&Vs for years and they work great and are well built. I also own other brands and have done several meter tests. I personally would not buy the bi-colors, way too weak for what I do.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management