DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old December 29th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: 1x1 LED Gels?

Thanks for the help guys. I visited the local store 2 days ago and fell in love with the Dedolights. LEDs are great but somehow they look weird on Asian skin tones. I like the size of those DLH4 but the problem is they need monster batteries.

Still pondering over to replace my current LEDs for F&V K4000 with gels or go for Dedolights (double the price)
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:21 AM   #17
DVi Contributor

Re: 1x1 LED Gels?

I have always run with the daylight panels. I try to also stay with spot panels-when offered by a company- My thoughts are that you can always gel and that you can always diffuse a panel. You can't go the other way.

I also can say that the F&V 4000 panels I have owned for may years have performed very well and held up to several shooting situations. They do have less output than some of the other 1x1 brands, however, the color balance is very good.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management