DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old February 15th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Boling anyone?

I saw an LED panel at a local shop at a kind-of-accessible price (think Aputure, not Dedolight) that seemed better constructed than others in that category. The back was aluminum, not the more usual plastic, and it was shaped like a CPU heatsink, apparently to dissipate heat better. The brand was Boling, which I had never seen before. Likewise, I could not find many reviews except this one from a dealer in Australia:

At first I thought they could be made in Germany, because there were a couple of reviews on Youtube in German, but I eventually found out they were made in China (FUZHOU BOLING PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.). But then again, what is not made in China these days.

My question is, has anyone seen these lights in action? Does anyone have any first hand experience, or any opinion about the company? Any issues with green tinge, with flickering, or with overheating (issues that have been reported with lower end LED panels)?
Andrew Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 08:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Boling anyone?

Apparently these also sell as GreenBean Ultrapanel in Russia, MLux in the Ukraine, and CineLED in the Netherlands.

For those who speak German, here's a nice video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWMrzP1pyc

And for those who speak Russian, here's another video, mail order brides included (just kidding, buy nice models):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2uKJ1G9m7E

That last video has some actual footage taken with those lights. Any impressions?
Andrew Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management