Rostronics & Overseas Shipping Options - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old January 12th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I have tried twice in the past couple of weeks but have yet to recieve a responce.
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #17
Major Player

I sent an email about 2 days ago and got a very quick response; sent another one straight after but still haven't heard back.
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 06:13 AM   #18
Trustee

If anyone down here is interested you still might pickup some good deals on Arrie lights. I've heard that Arrie are opening a branch down here and so those that used to sell their gear are flogging it off at cost or less. None of this is being advertised and it's only what they've got left in stock, I suspect most of the cheaper stuff has already gone to the bargain hunters but still it might be worthwhile doing a bit of ferreting around.
Then again even at cost price some of this stuff is way out of most people reach.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Any replies from rostronics yet? I still have'nt recieved anything on my order inquiry after a week.Are they still operating?
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Great question Joe - no response to the email I sent a week ago.

It'd be good to hear from someone that's in the loop.
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #21
Regular Crew

No Rostronics website

Just went to the website and get the following:

==================================
Welcome to Rostronics.com

We are currently updating our site and should be back online soon.

Thank you for your support.
==================================

Hmm!
Declan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #22
Major Player

Rostronics Endorsement

Thats kinda freaky about the website being down and the emails not answered. I bought a 4 light kit from rostronics with stands a few months back. I live in New Zealand, but had a brother-in-law suddenly come visit. i ordered the kit and had it delivered in record time to the in-law who drug it over on a plane.

The focusable lights are pretty nice. You wont impress anybody that has used an arri, but for moderate budget stuff, i think they are great. Heaps better than shop lights, and once the light is controlled, it looks as good as any other light to me.

So after testing my units out, i had a problem with one of my 250s. Not wanting to have to ship my lights BACK to the states for repairs, i emailed tom and asked if i could get a replacement of the part that was bad. 3 days later a whole new light arrived via international priority with a note explaining that he would rather not risk any further incidents and was just replacing the whole light for me... despite the fact that my original shipping was domestic.

Good product, great service. If rostronics comes back online, i'm a sworn customer for life.

-a
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #23
Regular Crew

For those following this thread...I saw this at DVXuser. Doesn't look good.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=43794
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Order Placement at Rostronics

Not realizing there was a growing problem, and because I had a Rostronics shortcut on my desk top that took me to their product list, I inadvertantly placed an order with them. This was on Tuesday, 16th, in evening. They provided a choice between "store order" or "email" order. Not sure of what that meant, I selected email, and eventually completed making the order.

I received a responsive email indicating an order number, and details of the order. The email promised subsequent contact to complete the order. I have not had any calls, or reponses. I will be sending email to check on status.

Chris Barcellos
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Reply to Email to Rostronics

I received a prompt reply to email from Tom at Rostronics, and was advised there was indeed a supply/pricing problem with Britek that they were trying to resolve. They are hoping to resolve matters in next couple of weeks.

Chris Barcellos
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #26
Regular Crew

I must have gotten in just under the wire. I ordered a light, softbox, and stand about two weeks ago and got it just in time for an out of town shoot. Got an extra 5% discount for being a member of the DVX community. That was helpful. When I received the shipment, I found everything I ordered and it all looked good. I sent an email to Tom for help regarding setting up the soft box (newbie questions). He responded immediately. Everything worked great. For the price, shopping experience, and support... I would likely order from them again. I'm satisfied with the product and unless I have issues down the road I'll get another Britek light if it remains a good value. It will be interesting to see how things go wiith Rostronics and Britek.

Last edited by Kent Fraser; January 18th, 2006 at 11:34 PM.
Kent Fraser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management