lighting and mirrors - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old November 8th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #16
Trustee

LS is the actual light stand...I'd love to see screenies of the different images (and perhaps the setups). I have a "lighting by example" thread around here somewhere.

I'm glad it worked out for you...I know more about the physics of light than I have experience making it go on set, but I have a good imagination. :) I am getting better at the application of light as well, 4 shorts and 1 feature into my self-paced education has me getting more exploratory with my lighting.
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #17
Trustee

FYI...all my lights are DIY cheap compact flourescent screw in bulbs in clamp "brooder" lights...all my light control tends to be dealing with the light's distance to the subject. Moving lights closer and farther is my first answer (flourescents don't dim) to these types of situations...if you'd like to soften the light back up (it'll sharpen as you move it away)...hang a white bedsheet between the light and the subject to spread out the light (remember to make room for things not catching fire ;) ).
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Sure, I'll post some pictures after the shoot is over. I'm going to have to take pictures for myself just to remember how to do this again.
Patricia Lamm is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management