LED outputs ? (I hope I'm doing this right...) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old February 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #1
Tourist

LED outputs ? (I hope I'm doing this right...)

On the various manufacturers' websites I see the input wattage, but what do these lamps equate to in Tungsten terms ? For example: Is a 30 watt Z50 Zylight putting out 30 watts at full wick ? Are there equivalents to 300 and 500 watt tunsten floods ?
Robin Scobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #2
Major Player

My best suggestion is to contact the manufacturer directly. There seems to be so much variation with these products that that might be the best route in terms of getting your answers.

As far as a 300+ Watt equivalent, good question. Perhaps the LitePanels 1x1, but that's a huge light.

No idea otherwise.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:30 AM   #3
Tourist

LED output...

I've seen a (roughly) 12' x 12" display, which might have been the Litepanel product. The demonstrator suggested it was the equivalent of a 650 watt tungsten lamp. I guess it comes down to measuring lumens at different points.

Perhaps when there are more similar sized products offered someone might publish a piece comparing them. There are a few small head products already.

Aside from the prices - I guess manufacturers are recovering development costs and also maybe pricing for novelty value - LCD seems to be quite user friendly. Their efficiency reduces the tendency to cook a subject at short range.
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:31 AM   #4
Tourist

sorry - that should be 12" x 12"
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #5
Tourist

...and LED. I must proof-read these !
Robin Scobey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management