Private Classifieds listings from 2009 - Page 97 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #1441
Major Player

I like Ken :)

AMEN AMEN - Thanks Ken! Much appreciated!

Got to love integrity!!
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #1442
Regular Crew

Sony Z1U, M25u, GV-900, Kona2 and more

Several pieces of used production & studio gear for sale. All purchased new by me, and all in excellent working condition, most in mint physical condition too.

PAYMENT: For all items, Cash preferred, Certified Bank Check, or PayPal (please add 3% to price.) Otherwise no credit cards, no funny munny orders, no personal checks, b.s., etc. Shipping & insurance are additional, pickup in Portland, OR is free & encouraged.

If you include a phone nr. in your email, I will call you if you’d like.

[Note: I will remove items as they are sold, so if you see it here, it is still available.]

PIX AVAILABLE FOR EVERYTHING HERE: www.rocketscientism.com - /FS_WEB/

1. SONY Z1U HDV CAMCORDER (Z1U_A), SN 1110733, with AC VO850 AC Adaptor/Charger, component a/v cable, composite A/V cable, RMT 841 Remote Commander, x1 NP-F570 + x2 NP-F970 Lithium Ion batteries, Tiffen 72mm Haze UV filter, original box.

Overall in excellent physical and operational condition – I am the 1st and only owner, and this was mostly a 2nd camera for when I’d use x2 Z1Us. Batteries are used, but still good. Never used as a deck, as I’ve got one (or two.)

There are O hrs. on the meters due to reset by Sony tech w/ replacement of x3 circuit boards at Sony Service Center in August, 2008, to the tune of $1,091, due to a damaged battery. It has been used only once, briefly, since, as I’m shooting more w/ the Z7U, EX-1, or PDW-350, and don’t shoot all the time as it is anyway. As I remember, there were about 160 hrs. on the Operations meter (16x10) when I checked early July, shortly prior to the board damage, so quite low hrs.; the camera performs perfectly, and is cosmetically in very good to excellent condition. There is a copy of the repair work for the new owner.

Selling both my Z1Us as I am just not using them anymore. It’s been a terrific camera, and has lots, if not most of its life left. I’ve always used the Panasonic AY-DVM63AMQ stock w/ great results, and include a couple to get you rolling in the right direction…

If you are local I encourage to contact and come check out the camera.
$2,440 + shipping.

2. SONY Z1U HDV CAMCORDER (Z1U_B), SN 1119946, with AC VO850 AC Adaptor/Charger, composite A/V cable, RMT 841 Remote Commander, x1 NP-F570 + x2 NP-F970 Lithium Ion batteries, Tiffen 72mm UV Protector.

No printed English Owners Manual (mais bien en Francais!); it’s readily available for download online here:
http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/f...ls/hvr-z1u.pdf

And no component a/v cable, but also readily available from your local dealer or a number of online retailers, including:
Sony | VMC-30VC Mini A/V Male to 3 RCA Male A/V | VMC30VC | B&H

Overall in very good to excellent condition - I am the 1st and only owner. Batteries are used, but still good. Never damaged, and never used as a deck, as I’ve got one (or two.)

HOURS: OPERATION = 27x10
DRUM RUN = 16x10
TAPE RUN = 09x10
THREADING = 35x10

It’s been a terrific camera, and has lots, if not most of its life left. I’ve always used the Panasonic AY-DVM63AMQ stock w/ great results, and include a couple to get you rolling in the right direction…

If you are local I encourage to contact and come check out the camera.
$2,240 + shipping.

3. 16x9 Inc. HDV7X1 0.7 Wide Angle Converter Lens for Sony HDRFX1, HVRZ1U, Panasonic DVX100B, Canon XL2 and H1 cameras. Perfect condition, only used once (you do believe me, don’t you?) for less than 1 hr. Comes in supplied 16x9 padded bag. $300 + shipping, or $250 if you buy it along w/ one of the Z1Us! (new = $399 + shipping).

4. SONY GV-D900 miniDV Video Walkman, with AC –V700 AC Adaptor/Charger + DK-415 connecting cord, x2 NP-F530 Lithium Ion batteries, A/V RCA cable, Owners Manual, spiffily packaged in a LowePro Nova 2 bag. Physically & operationally in excellent condition. Here’s a link to more info should you need it:
Amazon.com: Sony GV-D900 DV/DVD Walkman: Electronics

If you are local I encourage to contact and come check out this little wonder of a deck. $380 + shipping.

5. Kona 2 PCI-X capture card with the Aja KBox for use with your Final Cut Pro system, in perfect physical and working condition, barely used at all. If you’re looking at this, you probably know of the Kona 2’s capabilities; if you’d like more info, here’s a link to a review of it:
Edit Review — AJA Kona 2

The KBox greatly facilitates all of your I/O connections. The small 19” rack you see is not included, but available to the buyer for an additional $35. This does include SW discs (though there might be more recent drivers), cables, and orig. box. The Kona 2 + KBox originally cost $2,400 new, but are now priced for quick sale at $800 + shipping.

6. For sale is a Sony HVR-M25U HDV VCR in perfect physical and working condition. Due to a restructuring it is no longer needed – and it has hardly been used, as you can see from the 150 operating hrs. and only 100 drum hrs.. If you’re looking at this ad you probably know what this deck can do; for more info please use the following link:
Sony | Broadcast and Business Solutions

Originally paid just over $3,600 new for this deck, but it is now priced for quick sale at $1,900 + shipping.

7. x1 Medea VideoRaid 4/120 Ultra320 SCSI disk array in excellent physical and working condition. We no longer use this, and at this price you could buy it just for replacement drives for your current VideoRaid. Even includes a SCSI cable, and of course an AC power cord. Here is a link for a bit more info:
VideoRaid 4/120 SCSI

IIRC we spent about $1,200 for this when new – now priced for quick sale at
$50 + shipping.

8. x2 Medea VideoRaid 4/180 Ultra320 SCSI disk arrays in excellent physical and working condition. We no longer use these, and striped together they will handle at least a single stream of 1:1 uncompressed SD video or at least a single stream of DNxHD or ProRes HD video. Here is a link for a bit more info:
Medea Makes Digital Content Creation Even More Affordable | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET

Includes one SCSI cable and two AC power cords. IIRC we spent about $3,800 for the pair of these when new – now priced for quick sale at
$120 for both, + shipping.

9. Convergent Design HD-Connect LE HDV --> HD/SD-SDI. Includes power supply. Perfect, like-new condition, only used briefly.

If you want to know more, here’s a link to more info:
Convergent Design, experts in HDMI, SD, HD, and HDV

Originally paid just over $1,800 new for this convertor, but it is now priced for quick sale at (new = $1,095 + shipping)
$550 + shipping.

10. TWO sets of Gefen VGA SR VGA extenders. Each set consists of a sender, receiver, and power supply. Allows longer VGA monitor cable runs up to 150 ft. over inexpensive CAT5 cable. More info here:
http://www.gefen.com/pdf/EXT-VGA-141SR.pdf

I am selling two sets – used for a dual monitor setup. Originally each set cost $185, now ONE set for $110, or BOTH sets for $180, + shipping.

11. x1 set Gefen PS/2 extenders. Set consists of a sender, receiver, and power supply. This allows for long PS/2 (keyboard + mouse) cable runs of up to 150 ft. using inexpensive CAT5 cable. More info here:
EXT-PS2-100 - Gefen PS/2 Extender

Originally $129, now selling for
$70 + shipping.
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #1443
Wrangler

I don't really think this is an issue of integrity, just whether or not debate over personal opinion belongs in a classified thread. Where we have to be careful is when products are being misrepresented, as this may be unfair to potential buyers. Caveat emptor is always going to be in effect of course; it's up to the buyer to do the research and decide whether one rig is better than another rather than just take the seller's claims at face value.

That said (and since the sale is a done thing), I do feel that Michael's pitch is overly pointed. Claims that one is simply paying for a brand name (and "wasting" or "throwing away" their money) if they were to purchase a Steadicam product are simply not true. There are specific and patented advances under the Steadicam name that have not been equalled by any of the competition in the small stabilizer market. Case in point; the Pilot and Flyer arms incorporate a design principle that makes them far smoother than any other in their class. They require less force to hold at either end of their range and they track more linearly, which will in most cases deliver smoother results. Additionally (and this is not exclusive to the Steadicam models, but it is not incorporated in the Aviator) the dual-axis adjustment at the socket block allows the operator to adjust the pitch of the rig to his/her body which improves form and comfort.

I have seen and tested the VZ products at trade shows and they are decently constructed, but I do not believe them to be as sophisticated and ultimately, high-performing as the Steadicam brand in the most critical aspect. However, it is entirely possible to get great footage out of an Aviator. It all depends on the operator. I have tried many different small format rigs and while I can suffer through the shortcomings and still make shots, it can by and large be a frustrating experience. The mark of a good stabilizer is that it virtually disappears, allowing one to simply aim the camera as an extension of one's own body. Many of the lesser rigs feel like a struggle along the way, and the performance of the arm is a major component.

In the interest of disclosure, I do in fact have some issues with certain aspects of the Steadicam rigs themselves, which I have duly noted in the past (read my Pilot review in the articles section of this site) but they do not specifically relate to the actual flying experience, more about configuration and setup. And lest I be dubbed an "f-boy", my full-size rig has not one piece of Steadicam brand gear onboard, although I do have a Flyer arm and Provid gimbal on my running rig.
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #1444
Major Player

Bella DV Keyboard for Vegas

I have a hardly used Bella DV Keyboard with shuttle wheel for Sony Vegas for sale. If you work with Vegas, this is a must! Have a look here: 4200-05 - DV Keyboard 3.0 with Vegas Keycaps - DV Keyboard - Holiday Catagory - Pro & DV Keyboards - NAB 2008 - Professional Series - Bella Online Store - Product Details
Asking $110 shipped and paypaled.
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #1445
Regular Crew

Email sent
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #1446
Major Player

Rode NTG-1 Mic Sold!
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #1447
Major Player

Here's a picture of the camera:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Canon-XL2.jpg

-- peer
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #1448
Regular Crew

Shipped out.
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #1449
Regular Crew

Shipped out.
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #1450
Regular Crew

sold................
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #1451
Regular Crew

FS: Schoeps CMIT-5U

selling one of the best shotgun mics ever made and it is in mint condition $1550 email for photos
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #1452
Regular Crew

Les, email sent
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #1453
Regular Crew

Price drop...

Price drop to $250.
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #1454
Regular Crew

Brevis Package w/Flip & Lenses

Brevis package for sale:

Brevis35 HD Imaging Bundle (Rev2)
- Flip Module
- Imaging Element: CF1LE
- Nikon Mount

Extras Includes:
- Non-Flip Achromat (need this to use w/o flip)
- 45cm Full Rails System
- 72mm Spacer Ring
- Extra Imaging Element: Cinefuse 1 (small cameras)
- Step Up Ring 43-72mm
- Three Alien Wrenches
- Nikkor 50mm 1.4 lens
- Nikkor 105mm 2.5 lens
- Pelican 1500 Case

Purchased new from Cinevate 13 months ago, total package was $2500 (lenses purchased used from Penn Camera).

Has some scratches/nics from mounting points etc., but is
normal wear. Has everything you need to shoot and transport.

Price is $1500 plus shipping and Paypal (estimated at $75).

US only.

Thanks,
john

Pictures:
Picasa Web Albums - John - Brevis Flip w...
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #1455
Wrangler

Price drop: $1050!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds