Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 120 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #1786
New Boot

Hello Andrew.

Yes, we did resolve the swirly issues. Here are our findings:

1). Shoot at an f-stop of 1.4 (using lenses slower than this will lead to those swirlies). This seems to work well even in lower light conditions.

2). Stay away from flat walls. (i.e. white, bare walls - brick walls and other textured walls are fine.)

3). Always test before production shoots. We would do sample tests of the lighting and setup to ensure that we would not end up with swirlies. If we got them, up the lighting or fix the background. Again most of those issues were resolved via using really fast lenses.

Here's a link to the most recent piece we did with the package.
http://homepage.mac.com/c.gossett/iMovieTheater7.html
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #1787
Major Player

would you be interested in selling just the xl2 body?
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM   #1788
New Boot

How much are you thinking for just the body?
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #1789
Major Player

They sell brand new for 2,899.95 on b&h. And sell for around $3100 with the lens on here used. so whatever you would think.
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #1790
New Boot

I discussed it with my business partner and we would like to see if someone is interested in the package before breaking the package up. But if no one is interested in the package we will sell the pieces separately.
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #1791
Major Player

let me know.. im looking to upgrade from my xl1s asap
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #1792
New Boot

We'll let you know. We should know what the water's like within the next day or so.
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #1793
Major Player

merci beaucoup.. andrew_m_todd@hotmail.com
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #1794
Major Player

FOR SALE: Original Canon XL1s 16x IS II (Lens Only)

I recently upgraded to a 16x manual lens, and I have no need for my original IS II. The focus ring has a very small amount of dirt/sand in it, and sometimes you can feel the grit. It does not affect fuctionality in the least, it's just the fact that you can feel it I thought it deserved a mention.

Otherwise, lens is in perfect condition. Image Stabilization is flawless, and the glass is in PERFECT shape. I always used a Tiffen 72mm clear glass filter to protect the outside, and the lens was never removed while outside, so the "CCD side" is also perfect. Lens hood included. NOTE - original Canon lens cap is missing, but I have a 72mm that fits.

I'm going to start at $500 + shipping, but I will take any reasonable offer. I prefer PayPal, but please add 3% to cover fees. I will make high quality pictures available to any serious buyers.
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #1795
Major Player

Not a jerk, good question...

Dear Not-A-Jerk...

That is a good question, and I certainly don't blame you for some healthy skepticism.

This video is indeed currently the most popular music video download on the Web, or more precisely at least was when Dennis Madalone called me on Christmas 2005 and brought me up to date on it.

Anyway, as of his call in December 2005 it had been downloaded over five million times. I would bet the number is around twice that now. If you know of any music video that has been downloaded ten million times or more, please let me know and I'll call this the "second most" henceforth.

FYI, there is a hilarious VH1 piece on it that sends it up with some great content putdowns, but also DOES acknowledge its status as the most popular video on the Web.

Go to the link and watch the video. Then check the VH1 link in the press section of the site for yourself. You'll see that VH1 does indeed refer to it as the most popular video on the Web.

This was a project straight from the heart for the performer Dennis Madalone, who in his normal life is one of Hollywood's top stunt coordinators (currently working "Without a Trace"). He's donated every penny that's come in from it to the widows and orphans of policemen and fiiremen who died on 9-11. It was directed gratis by A-list feature director Rob Bowman whose credits include the X-Files movie and the Disney dragon pic Reign of Fire.

The underlying music was produced by Paul McCartney's music producer, who showed the video to him. McCartney fell in love with it, once calling Dennis five times in one day about it, and by the way, saying he couldn't believe it was shot on video, not that he's an expert. But I was thrilled to have entertained Sir Paul for once instead of the reverse as has been true since 1963 or so!

To VH1 it's corny, corny, corny, to others it's a major expression of love and hope. Judge for yourself.

Tip
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM   #1796
Major Player

Corny, corny, corny.

But the video quality wasn't bad and that's a pretty cool piece of trivia. Good luck on the sale; the image looks great.
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #1797
Regular Crew

15" Powerbook Newest g4 (1.67) model for Sale

I'm looking to upgrade again....

and I'm selling my powerbook (3 1/2 months old) for $1700 OBO. It's in perfect condition (it's had a cover on the keyboard and screen) there are no scratches or dings on it.

here are the specs..
1.67GHz PowerPC G4 processor, 512MB memory (DDR2 PC2-4200 SDRAM at 333MHz), 80GB 5400rpm hard drive, Slot-load 8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), ATI, 15.2-inch display, Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger
it's still selling for $1,994 at macmall.com.

I've got all of the original packaging and receipts for it.
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #1798
Regular Crew

Im trying to work on some independand short films and get into the Wedding's and event filming business also?

Derrick Jones..........
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #1799
Major Player

SOLD. Thanks Scott. Let me know when you get it.

Jon
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #1800
Major Player

Thanks... no unreasonable offer refused

Thanks. By the way, one of the more impressive things about this camera is the lattitude. In that video there are scenes where Dennis is on a large rock, full sun on one side, full shade on the other with detail intact on both sides. Of course the beach sand did make a rather large and effective bounce card though!

As for selling this camera, it doesn't seem like the market is real strong right now for a 60i SD 4:3 only camera, but if anyone can work within those limitations, no unreasonable offer will be refused.

I just used it for a casting tape at my job while my GY-HD100 was out on a rental. It did a wonderful job, few cameras match it's skin tones and overall color rendition.

Tip
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds