Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 31st, 2006, 12:02 PM   #451
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot
Ah that's right, I remember you mentioning this system in another forum a few months ago.
Is it Liquid Colled, or Fan cooled. I know that Sony had been using Liquid cooled in their newer systems.

Also how does it run in regards to HD and such?
I take it you have the RAM maxed out at 2GB and plentty of storage?
Yeah it's liquid cooled but it's not your typical liquid cooling system...I think it's some sort of hybrid heat pipe system. Very quiet, silent in fact.

I haven't upgraded the ram from 1 gig- though I don't think I will. An extra gig of ram isn't going to speed up rendering. The 1-gig in the machine I'm selling worked plenty well for me. I never had a deficiency even running several programs at once.
Storage...yes..I have to invest in more- I'm probably going to pick up a 400 gig Maxtor Diamond Max 11 and call it day. It is huge and delivers performance that exceeds the WD Raptor.
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:14 PM   #452
New Boot

Re: XL2

Hey there Tom,
I just sent you a message.
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:19 PM   #453
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott
Yeah it's liquid cooled but it's not your typical liquid cooling system...I think it's some sort of hybrid heat pipe system. Very quiet, silent in fact.

I haven't upgraded the ram from 1 gig- though I don't think I will. An extra gig of ram isn't going to speed up rendering. The 1-gig in the machine I'm selling worked plenty well for me. I never had a deficiency even running several programs at once.
Storage...yes..I have to invest in more- I'm probably going to pick up a 400 gig Maxtor Diamond Max 11 and call it day. It is huge and delivers performance that exceeds the WD Raptor.
Glen, thanks for the followup.
I might acuallly look into picking up the Vaio RC series, as I had a Vaio Desktop that I still use as a personal computer and has funtioned like a rock for me.

I was looking at having a AMD64 X2 4200+ Dual Core put together for me, but for the cost going Dual Core Intel might be the way for me to go.
I want the increased speed in case I go to HD (Which I probably will in the next 2 years or so).
Although I would probably max out the storage right away for me at 2TB.

The only thing I don't like about the Sony, Dells etc. are that you don't know what motherboard they use so upgrading is pretty much not possible with these systems.
I would like to find out if I might be able to at least add a HDLink for HD video and Echo or M-Audio Sound Card to it though. As I don't like onboard audio.

Thanks again.
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:25 PM   #454
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot
Glen, thanks for the followup.
I might acuallly look into picking up the Vaio RC series, as I had a Vaio Desktop that I still use as a personal computer and has funtioned like a rock for me.

I was looking at having a AMD64 X2 4200+ Dual Core put together for me, but for the cost going Dual Core Intel might be the way for me to go.
I want the increased speed in case I go to HD (Which I probably will in the next 2 years or so).
Although I would probably max out the storage right away for me at 2TB.

The only thing I don't like about the Sony, Dells etc. are that you don't know what motherboard they use so upgrading is pretty much not possible with these systems.
I would like to find out if I might be able to at least add a HDLink for HD video and Echo or M-Audio Sound Card to it though. As I don't like onboard audio.

Thanks again.
It has several available PCI slots. I'm adding an M-Audio card shortly myself.
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:43 PM   #455
Major Player

I got it! Nice guy, great gear! I can't wait to start using it.
Thanks again Rick!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:39 PM   #456
Regular Crew

Received the MM today. Mint condition. Great Seller. Thanks a lot!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:02 PM   #457
New Boot

Final Cut Studio for Sale

I have a brand new, never been used, Final Cut Studio package for sale. It has the latest versions of Final Cut Pro, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, and Soundtrack Pro. For Sale, $1000. Full retail version. Not academic. PM me for more information.
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:33 PM   #458
Regular Crew

Hi Gang,

The camera is sold.

Thanks for all of the interest.

Tom Chaney
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:28 PM   #459
Regular Crew

OK, new price!

$1350 + shipping (Priority Mail plus insurance)
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:43 PM   #460
New Boot

Need an HDCam for around $2000

Hey,

My company has given me a budget of $2500 to get an HD Camera and accessories and I need some suggestions from what is available. We'll be mostly shooting within our own video QA lab. We're not looking to shoot content per-se, but more using the camera as a tool to capture images of what we're looking at in order to analize it, and send it to others. So extracting good stills is as important as getting good video. Therefore, I was looking for a progressive standard. I think the JVC GR-HD1 ($1,799) is the only one out there where you can shoot 720/30p? I'd love to shoot 720/60p but I don't think I can for my price range. I was also looking at the SONY HVR-A1U. Shoots 1080i, but looks like a great value at $1999 with the current rebate going on.

So what do you think between these cameras? Or is there one better I am overlooking? I'm desperate for some insight since I've yet to purchase an HD Camera.

Thanks!
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:17 PM   #461
Regular Crew

thanks for heads up

New to this....thanks for the advice....!!
Dean
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:21 PM   #462
Regular Crew

anybody have a CA-910 and DC-900 to sell?

anybody have a CA-910 and DC-900 to sell?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for these products..I can get them online for $150, but I want to check here first to see if somebody would be willing to sell these to me for less than what I can do new....Please e-mail me at: portraitart@mchsi.com

I'm also wondering about the Lenmar batteries...do these need a special adapter plate to be able to charge on the Canon brand a/c charger??
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:27 PM   #463
Regular Crew

bogus XL1S auctions on Ebay

I'll keep my eyes open for you....

Last edited by Dean Orewiler; February 1st, 2006 at 08:39 AM.
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:04 PM   #464
Trustee

I used my JVC GR-HD1 for industrial photography, and it did fantastic with indoor footage on the factory floor with the usual mix of industrial overhead lighting, sodium vapor lamps and fluorescent. I've also used my Sony Z1U within the exact same location. The Sony has strengths in many areas, but for industrial videography, the GR-HD1 really excels. It's not low-light, the factory floor is usually well lit. But it's not outdoor daylight 6500K either, but the JVC handles the white balance and generally looks just great for this use. The progressive frames is also a benefit for capturing stills, and it does matter if for example you are wanting a screen grab of a moving conveyor belt without interlace artifacts. I'll leave this in real fine print because I'm not a hawker and don't want to run afoul of the rules, but my GR-HD1 is 100% perfect with all the parts accessories and original box, and I'm offering it for only five hundred bucks just to get rid of it. (Anyone)...email me if interested. tom93@kaycan.com
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:40 PM   #465
Regular Crew

no longer need tipod

I decided to try videomaker.com's top choice for a tripod in their "products of the year" article. Davis & Sanford Provista Airlift Tripod with FM18 Head. After reading extensively I decided to give them a try. It is not a bogen so I'm sure people will knock it before they try it. But, I decided to give her a shot. She is fairly tall at max of 72"(with the center post), adjustable pan and tilt drag, fluid head, and lightweight. I like the fact that it also has to has dual pan handles and an air pressured center post. If you care to check it out here is the link to the article and a link to b&h to read the specs.

http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/ar...10750&GU=le929

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=349250
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds