Private Classifieds listings from 2005 - Page 231 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old December 6th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #3451
New Boot

John,

Sorry, I do not have an extended warranty. I have had no problems at all with the camera. I am the orginal owner and have babied the camera for the few small projects that I have done.
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #3452
Regular Crew

Mike I;m just alittle gun shy at this point, I bought a new GL2 about 16 months ago and after it was out or warranty I had to spend 899.00 for a repair. Has it been sent in to be cleaned and serviced at all ?
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #3453
New Boot

John,

I have not required any service on this camera. I have consistently used the same brand (Panasonic) tapes, and have run a head cleaning tape after I had recorded about 6 tapes. There are no known problems with my camera, and it has been treated with kit gloves. Obviously I cannot predict the future, nor understand if the problem you experienced was a quality issue with your unit or a systemic design issue with Canon. Having monitored the discussions on this site over the past year, I have heard much more positive then negative about this camera. I did alot of research before purchasing my camera and have been fortunate to not experience any problems. I am sorry you had a bad experience with your camera.
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #3454
Regular Crew

Mike if you don't mind me asking where did you purchase the camera?
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:56 PM   #3455
New Boot

I purchased the camera new from www.onecall.com
Old December 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #3456
Regular Crew

Thank you Mike, I wil have to think on it and talk to my business partners.
Old December 6th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #3457
Major Player

Just posted it on another site so I'll close this one for now. If still interested still feel free to email me and I can let you know if it's still for sale.

thanks.
Old December 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #3458
Regular Crew

looks good

Hi David. How are you?
Old December 6th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #3459
Major Player

Wow, not even one response? Well, I guess I'll be keeping it. If anyone finds this post and is interested/has questions post back here or email me at NoahPHayes@aol.com

I'd like to hear any offers (makes a good capture/vacation cam for those of you with XL2's and other SD cams)
Old December 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #3460
Major Player

Be patient. My optura 300 is on two pages, of me just bumping it. good luck!
Old December 6th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #3461
Major Player

Canon GL2 - Excellent Condition

This item is being offered here prior to being listed on Ebay, it's part of a former 2 camera package of which one unit was sold last month. The description is accurate and I fully stand behind it. BTW, this is the text from my previous Ebay auction, pics are avail on request. Miguel

---------------------------------------------

CANON GL-2 PRACTICALLY NEW

This Canon GL2 ($ 2195.00) is one of 2 which were purchased for a startup Wedding and Event Video business, I’ve upgrading to HD so I’m offering my SD equipment here today. This GL2 was purchased in April of 2004 and has less than 25 HONEST hours of use. The heads have only been used to record, I only playback on my JVC Mini-DV dubbing and production deck. I’ve shot 2 birthday parties and 2 weddings so this really is practically new.

The lens has never been exposed and has always had a Canon WD-58 Wide Angle Lens ($175.00) kit attached (shown in the pictures) and will be included. This is a great lens, excellent optics and on par with Century Optics for the fraction of the cost. In video production you can never have a “wide enough” shot so this lens adds a little weight but is a must!

Also included is the Sign Video XLR Pro ($159.00) audio input mixer. This is a must to bring professional wireless or wired mics into the camera. This unit acts as a mixer, adds XLR and/ or mini-plug inputs to your GL2 and also provides the option of keeping 2 mics on 1 stereo pair assigned as Left and Right. Say you’re shooting a wedding and you have 2 wireless packs in use (one on the groom and one of the pastor), you can now keep each mic isolated to Left and Right for better control in post production.

Batteries and charger, included you’ll get the original small capacity stock battery and (1) Canon BP945 extended life battery ($85.00 list)

I’m also including all original manuals, packing, cables, remotes and boxes, I take very good care of my gear and it starts with keeping everything original.

In all this setup is worth OVER $ 2600.00 dollars and I’m selling it here now for $ 2000.00 with a Buy it Now (same as reserve).
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #3462
Regular Crew

I'm trying to sell a camera here...I guess folks aren't into making offers are they? Somebody will get a great deal on this...it's funny because people don't seem to be into the the package deal even though I guarantee they end up buying all of the extra items I have for sale at some point. Would you like to buy it?

David
david@motivitypictures.com
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #3463
Regular Crew

Revised price

Just checked the new prices on this unit. Guess I should have done that before I posted the ad. They have come down considerably from win I purchased it. I am lowering the price to $1250.
Old December 7th, 2005, 01:17 AM   #3464
Regular Crew

FS: GL1 / GL2 Accessories - Canon DM-50 Mic and Canon VL-3 Light (BOTH FOR $110)

Greetings,
I have for sale these two items mentioned. These are both brand new and only used once to test on the camera. I recently received these as part of a GL accessory kit that I bought from someone else on here, yet I do not need these two items. Both items are sold by themselves (no manuals or boxes). Please e-mail me with any questions. I will sell the mic for $95 shipped anywhere in the U.S. and the light for $25 shipped anywhere in the U.S.
Purchase both for $110 shipped and save!
Items are listed from B&H below:
DM-50
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
VL-3
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont....x=0&image.y=0
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #3465
Regular Crew

wtb Canon MA100/Beachtek DXA-4C.

Hi there,
looking to buy ma-100 adapter or Beachtek DXA-4C.
thanks
barry
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds